VPN - Impossible Choose Country on Mac

I would like to have an American IP address.  

In the VPN app, there is a selection of countries.  

However, the list CANNOT be scrolled.  United States starts with "U" so it is not on the screen so it cannot be selected.

Pretty major bug, eh!  Would be great if this profound defect could be fixed.  Thanks.

This is Mac Mojave. 

Screenshot 2019-02-08 at 12.09.15.png

Tagged:

Comments

• Not sure if your issue has been resolved, I use BD on both my iMac and MacBook with MacMojave 10.14.6 and no issue in scrolling.  When I place the cursor  over the list of countries, I'm able to scroll up and down to choose a specific country. I mentioned this as I didn't see your cursor or mouse pointer in your screenshot

• Thanks wirywrestler for the reply.  I have checked what you have said and I still cannot scroll.  No scroll bar appears (to use with the mouse), up and down arrows do not work, page up and page down do not work.  I wonder if I need to reinstall.  Not sure this part of Bitdefender updates itself.  Are you the same version as myself (see screenshot)?  Other weird possibility is that they don't have a server in the United States and the the scroll window I am viewing is the entire list (which would explain no scroll bar appearing).  Hmmm.  My requirement to connect to the US is long gone actually so I have not put any effort into solving this issue.  

Screenshot 2019-09-19 at 09.55.33.png

Screenshot 2019-09-19 at 09.57.19.png

• 2 hours ago, CVB_Tintern said:

Thanks wirywrestler for the reply.  I have checked what you have said and I still cannot scroll.  No scroll bar appears (to use with the mouse), up and down arrows do not work, page up and page down do not work.  I wonder if I need to reinstall.  Not sure this part of Bitdefender updates itself.  Are you the same version as myself (see screenshot)?  Other weird possibility is that they don't have a server in the United States and the the scroll window I am viewing is the entire list (which would explain no scroll bar appearing).  Hmmm.  My requirement to connect to the US is long gone actually so I have not put any effort into solving this issue.  

Screenshot 2019-09-19 at 09.55.33.png

Screenshot 2019-09-19 at 09.57.19.png

Hi,

The fact that the scroll bar is not visible was sent to our development team. However, if you scroll down the mouse, you should be able to select the country.

• Hi Roxana - I can select any of the visible countries without any trouble.  I just cannot scroll down to the United States (or any country below Ireland).  My mouse is not a wheel mouse but is a trackball.  I have not tested with a wheel mouse.  

• 3 minutes ago, CVB_Tintern said:

Hi Roxana - I can select any of the visible countries without any trouble.  I just cannot scroll down to the United States (or any country below Ireland).  My mouse is not a wheel mouse but is a trackball.  I have not tested with a wheel mouse.  

Hi,

If you click on the list and hover down the mouse are you able to see the list? Or if you scroll down from the touchpad of your Mac are you able to see the list? Please let us know as well the model of your mouse.

• Clicking on the list and scrolling does work!  And does let me get to the bottom of the list  so "problem solved" on a temporary basis.  Thanks to wirywrestler for bringing this back up as I have ignored it since February.  Mouse is a Logitech trackball (USB marble mouse).  

• Hi,

Glad it’s resolved for you. I guess I should have mentioned that there is no scroll bar on either the iMac or MacBook when I place the cursor over the list of countries. I’m using the Magic Mouse on iMac and just the trackpad on the MacBook. Using two fingers is the default for scrolling on either machine as there is no wheel.

One other thing, I did highlight one of the countries and dragged the mouse downwards. It also worked but was very sluggish. Maybe this can be looked at too if they're going to look at adding the scroll bar. 

Cheers