Game profile always active.

thegilpins
thegilpins ✭✭✭
edited October 2019 in General

Hi, over the last week, whilst playing a game, when I close the game, game mode remains on.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Hello thegilpins,

To further investigate, please provide us a list with the running processes, the name of the game and a Support Tool log with the option "Reproduce this issue" is enabled.:

-Open Windows Explorer

-Navigate to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security

-Run as administrator supporttool.exe

-Select the issue category and add a description

-Now press on Try to reproduce the issue and reproduce the behavior

- Restart your PC

-Click on Finish and generate the Support tool log

Note: the log will be created on the Desktop of the Administrator of the computer.

Please send the log at bitsy@bitdefender.com. Considering that the log is private is not recommended to post it on the Forum.

• Hi Roxanna, I have generated a support log but is it too large to send via email. How can I send it to you?

• Hello,

You may upload it on a transfer link like Dropbox, Wetransfer and send us via email the download link.

• 10 minutes ago, Roxana G said:

Hello,

You may upload it on a transfer link like Dropbox, Wetransfer and send us via email the download link.

Sent, thank you

• Hello it happens the same here with recent games, I have sent the support log. @++

• Just came here to say I have this to and its still not fixed. What are they waiting?

• Roxana G
    Roxana G
    edited October 2019

On 10/19/2019 at 4:17 AM, v0id said:

Just came here to say I have this to and its still not fixed. What are they waiting?

Hello, 

Please check that the processes you have added to trigger game profile aren't still running after you quit the application. You can do so in Task manager > Details tab. 

• The processes are not still running. It happens with any game I run. That is why I rasied the issue in the first place.

I have been back and forth with support emails for over a week asking ths same questions. It seems hard to get Bitdefender to acknowledge the issue.

• 19 hours ago, thegilpins said:

The processes are not still running. It happens with any game I run. That is why I rasied the issue in the first place.

I have been back and forth with support emails for over a week asking ths same questions. It seems hard to get Bitdefender to acknowledge the issue.

Hello,

In order to verify if this was a bug, we needed to explore every possibility. I have sent you an email informing you that the situation was sent to our development team for further investigation.

• Hello, something new ;)@++ ;):)

• On 10/27/2019 at 1:48 PM, FiL said:

Hello, something new ;) 

It was ok that Sunday but now back to reality, the Auto tip doesn't work now. ;)

• Hello /index.php?/profile/899-fil/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="899" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/899-fil/" rel="">@FiL,

As per my understanding you have sent us a Support Tool log for this situation, however, we could not locate it within our ticketing system.

Please provide us with your support ticket number. In case you did not open a support ticket, feel free to email us at bitsy@bitdefender.com.

• Hello /index.php?/profile/211912-alex-d/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="211912" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/211912-alex-d/" rel="">@Alex D. yes I have a ticket opened and I'm in touch with your staff. My ticket... " you have an open Customer Care request, ticket no: 2019101618480001 " here it is :) Thank you for your help on a difficult problem, but we can live whith that ;) Thxx  ;):)

• Hello there,

Since your request is handled via the ticketing system I'll lock the thread. We'll continue the communication over there.

• I don't know exactly when this issue first appeared but if I had to guess I'd say roughly 2 weeks ago where the game profile is always active even when I first boot my pc.

I've tried doing a clean boot but even then it's still active as soon as I boot my pc.

• Hello /index.php?/profile/217807-d3sol4te/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="217807" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/217807-d3sol4te/" rel="">@D3SOL4TE,

Please follow the instructions provided by Roxana G and we'll gladly further assist you:

On 10/8/2019 at 2:44 PM, Roxana G said:

Hello thegilpins,

To further investigate, please provide us a list with the running processes, the name of the game and a Support Tool log with the option "Reproduce this issue" is enabled.:

-Open Windows Explorer

-Navigate to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security

-Run as administrator supporttool.exe

-Select the issue category and add a description

-Now press on Try to reproduce the issue and reproduce the behavior

- Restart your PC

-Click on Finish and generate the Support tool log

Note: the log will be created on the Desktop of the Administrator of the computer.

Please send the log at bitsy@bitdefender.com. Considering that the log is private is not recommended to post it on the Forum.