Bitdefender is blocking Nvidia Geforce Now game streaming service!

vampgirl
edited September 2019 in General

Could you please release a fast fixed update, as you have blocked access to the Nvidia game servers for many users .

Problem is with httpproxy.dll. If you rename this file the stream will start working normally. after every update same

problem is back. Only other way is to totally un-install BD as even disabling every protection in BD will still not help!

Tagged:

Comments

• 6 hours ago, vampgirl said:

Could you please release a fast fixed update, as you have blocked access to the Nvidia game servers for many users .

Problem is with httpproxy.dll. If you rename this file the stream will start working normally. after every update same

problem is back. Only other way is to totally un-install BD as even disabling every protection in BD will still not help!

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this.

Please send us at the email address bitsy@bitdefender.com a Support tool log and enable the option Reproduce this issue. 

Make sure that you keep httpproxy.dll as it is, in order to reproduce the issue. Then reboot your PC and finish generating the log as described here: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/8919/

• Apparently lot of ppl have same issue since last update of bitdefender. I raised ticket myself ( 2019092518480001 ) - with reproduction.

ref: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gfn-for-pc/22/278233/error-code-0x8008201c-please-help/

• 13 hours ago, koyot said:

Apparently lot of ppl have same issue since last update of bitdefender. I raised ticket myself ( 2019092518480001 ) - with reproduction.

ref: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/gfn-for-pc/22/278233/error-code-0x8008201c-please-help/

Hello,

The logs were incomplete. We have sent you an email with all the logs we need to further investigate.

• Meme probleme , ticket 2019092608510002

• Do you realize that you have deprived many people from using a service that have subscribed to?

Just download Geforce now and run it! do you really need assistance to fixe a simple problem!?

• On 9/28/2019 at 1:38 PM, SoRoN said:

Meme probleme , ticket 2019092608510002

Hi,

Someone replied to your ticket. Please check your Inbox.

• 8 hours ago, Roxana G said:

Hi,

Someone replied to your ticket. Please check your Inbox.

Hi Roxana, could you share the fix for this with the forum as there are quite a few people on the bit defender and Nvidia forums with this same problem.

• Roxana G
    Roxana G
    edited October 2019

Hello,

This situation has already been acknowledged by our development team. We are currently working on a fix which will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end. Meanwhile, please keep the faulty dll renamed, as it follows:

1. Restart Windows in safe mode as guided below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2129/

2. In Safe Mode, open this folder:

C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security

3. Rename the file httpproxy.dll to httpproxy.dllx

4. Restart back in normal mode. 

• The problem is that the httpproxy.dll gets updated all the time and it's painful to have to go in safe mode and do this all the time.

I even used an older version of httpproxy.dll (from older bitdefender install, before the problem start) and it's also getting updated.

Is there a way to suspend updating for this file? And what's the implication of renaming it? If I'm not wrong by renaming it we disable

it totally? So the old version replacement is safer?

Anyway I hope a fixe will be ready soon!

• I unistalled bitdefender in the meanwhile. Will think about not renewing my sub

• Are there any updates on this? When is the fix going to be deployed?

• Using tcpview from sysinternals I was able to get mine working by adding the Geforce Now ips to the exception list.

Perhaps Bitdefender needs to whitelist.

image.png.4d6dbf0b10597d87083953c98329962e.png

• Hi,

@PCGamer7 Thank you for the information.

We do not have an estimated time for the release of the fix yet. Please keep in mind that all reported bugs require investigation time. Since product updates are usually released once a month it may take at least 1 month until a fix is implemented in the product - this does not include the debugging period.

• 22 hours ago, PCGamer7 said:

Using tcpview from sysinternals I was able to get mine working by adding the Geforce Now ips to the exception list.

Perhaps Bitdefender needs to whitelist.

image.png.4d6dbf0b10597d87083953c98329962e.png

Hi PCgamer and thanks for your post. Dose this mean you got it working with bitdefender on?

could you please explain where did you add the exceptions?  (In the : Online threat prevention?) 

• PCGamer7
    PCGamer7
    edited October 2019

Sorry, I added the ip addresses to the online threat prevention exclusion section.  I was able to leave Bitdefender enabled and did not have to modify the http proxy dll.

• Thanks a lot. It worked here as well. All is working normally again. For me ips were different.

Here are the ips I added: 

Thanks a lot for the precious info.

• You’re welcome and glad that worked!

• Thank you for sharing the IPs. Unfortunately, it doesn't fix the Gamestream error (local game streaming, which broke with the same BitDefender update), even if I add all those IPs to the exceptions. I used TCPview to see if there were extra IPs that were accessed but there are not (moreover, since this is local game streaming, I would not expect an internet connection to be required).

Renaming httpproxy.dll works, but as stated above, the dll is reinstalled after each reboot. So no fix for me. Some threads on the Nvidia forums describing the local Gamestream issue:

Thanks.

• PCGamer7
    PCGamer7
    edited October 2019

For local game streaming, did you try adding the IP of the NVIDIA shield to the online threat prevention exclusion?  I don't have an NVIDIA Shield so this does not apply to me.

• That's a good idea thank you. However, it didn't solve the issue, unfortunately. I added the ip of my shield and my android tablet, but both don't work.

Actually, you don't have to use a Shield TV to enjoy Gamestream. You can use the free Gamestream client on a large range of devices, called Moonlight (https://moonlight-stream.org/). I use it on my tablet, but since the last Bitdefender update, it also fails with a RTSP handshake error. Only renaming httpproxy.dll or uninstalling BD Internet Security solves the issue.

• Bonour

j ai donc ajouter les ip que vous m avez communiquer mais sans resultat , cela ne marche toujours pas.

J ai essayer d utiliser TCPViewer mais aucun IP de lister  avec le nom "GEFORCENOWSTREAMER.exe" ne figure .

J espere que vous aller sortir un correctif assez rapidement car ma clef bitdefender expirer bientot et si le probleme persiste je me tournerai vers une autre solution antiviruse .

de plus lorsque j arrive a résoudre le problème en supprimant HTTPSPROXY,DLL , dans tcpview je voit bien que le processus n est pas GEFORCENOWSTREAMER.EXE mais nvstreamer.exe  qui reçoit et envoie les données de stream et en face de ce processus il n y a pas d IP a part 0.0.0.0 qui correspond au host de windows.

POUR VOTRE INFO CAR APPARAMENT VOTRE EQUIPE TECHNIQUE EST UN PEU A LA RAMASSE

le service GEFORCENOW est  du cloud gaming en faite tant dit que le service GAMESTREAM est du streaming local pour streamer ces jeu que l on a sur son pc via la Nvidia shield sur un autre televiseur donc en LOCAL !!!

• Thanks for the suggestion about adding IPs to Bitdefender's exception list.

I had a mixed experience. The first time, I added 4 IPs from TCPview & GeForce Now launched beautifully. I played for about an hour & logged out. Unfortunately when I went to log back in again later I got the same 0x8008201C error screen as before. TCPview showed more IP addresses, which I added too, but it still didn't work.

It may be there are other IPs I have missed. It looks like GeForce Now connects on a wide range of addresses. This is on the EU West servers, with the latest version of GF Now 2.0.13.57

Frustrating! I am not going to faff around going into safe mode & changing this https proxy file every time I want to stream. I guess I will wait for a Bitdefender update.

• Ideally it needs to be fixed for sure, I was just offering suggestions in the interim because the usual answer is it will take months to fix it.  I'm also dissatisfied with it blocking legitimate applications and taking eons to fix it.

• When will this get fixed? Just bought a shield tv to use in home streaming via gamestream... just to notice that bitdefender is blocking my product!

• Ended up uninstalling BitDefender for good. I was fed up waiting for a fix to be able to play my games again. You can't just ask people to wait for weeks when this issue prevents them from doing their daily activities! Found an alternate antispam software (which is actually better than the one in BitDefender IMHO), and I will simply stick to Windows Defender, as the latest reviews show it is quite competent now.

• On 10/16/2019 at 11:16 PM, DeepBlue said:

When will this get fixed? Just bought a shield tv to use in home streaming via gamestream... just to notice that bitdefender is blocking my product!

Hello,

We do not have an ETA at this moment.  Please keep in mind that all reported bugs require investigation time.

• Just un-install Bitdefender people, Roxana has been posting the same message in this over 4 months-old ticket now; that they need investigation time. There's not a single software company in the world working this way. This status of this development-ticket is in their backlog or in a sprint. Either way their ProductOwners can fairly accurate estimate their planning for investigating this ticket (i'm talking exact weeknumbers). After that it should be another 4 weeks before the solution is released in prod/live versions. If they keep treating us like morrons, they don't deserve your loyalty. I've uninstalled and Nvidia's Gamestream works better than ever without Bitdefender on my pc. Thanks /index.php?/profile/212173-roxana-g/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="212173" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/212173-roxana-g/" rel="">@Roxana G for helping me make up my mind.  

waving-hand-sign_1f44b.png

• Tummie555
    edited October 2019

uninstalled bitdefender, works like a charm! Never going back.

• As you can see on the forum we started this discussion almost everyone has uninstalled bitdefender.

This is unfortunately the only available solution for now. Let's hope when it comes to security risks 

and problems bitdefender is not as slow and careless! apparently with the time they need to fix a small

problem we are all at risk in case of a serious one! 

• PCGamer7
    PCGamer7
    edited October 2019

I have uninstalled Bitdefender also - have a few issues that are not resolved and if it takes months to fix simple issues (or in this case not fix the issues) then I don’t feel confident in this product.

• Tummie555
    edited October 2019

/index.php?/profile/210216-support_team/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="210216" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/210216-support_team/" rel="">@support_team this issue is escalating, please help your colleague manage this issue. The content of her "answers" are clearly unable to statisfy the crowd of soon to be ex-customers. /index.php?/profile/6006-support/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="6006" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/6006-support/" rel="">@support 

p.s. I was reading this thread for weeks before creating an account to help Bitdefender get notified of the seriousness of this issue. My cautious guess is that for every post in this thread, at least 100 fellow victim-customers are just dropping their subscription in frustration. 

• Hi, any updates regarding this issue? I can't even local stream from my PC!!

• These are the ips I added to my exception list and with these I have no problem connecting :

<whitelist count="24" version="1">

<item id="1">185.136.68.145</item>

<item id="2">185.136.68.153</item>

<item id="3">185.136.71.101</item>

<item id="4">185.136.71.102</item>

<item id="5">185.136.71.103</item>

<item id="6">185.136.71.104</item>

<item id="7">52.57.40.242</item>

<item id="8">77.111.250.101</item>

<item id="9">77.111.250.102</item>

<item id="10">77.111.250.103</item>

<item id="11">77.111.250.104</item>

<item id="12">8.36.113.165</item>

<item id="13">8.36.80.201</item>

<item id="14">8.36.80.224</item>

<item id="15">8.36.80.252</item>

<item id="16">88.221.114.203</item>

<item id="17">92.123.100.184</item>

<item id="18">ec2-107-23-44-132.compute-1.amazonaws.com</item>

<item id="19">ec2-18-203-59-78.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com</item>

<item id="20">ec2-18-211-28-115.compute-1.amazonaws.com</item>

<item id="21">ec2-3-248-30-203.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com</item>

<item id="22">ec2-52-28-105-194.eu-central-1.compute.amazonaws.com</item>

<item id="23">ec2-52-57-40-242.eu-central-1.compute.amazonaws.com</item>

<item id="24">wq-in-f189.1e100.net</item>

</whitelist>

You may need to add other ips depending on your location. But this will help lot of you from Europe 

• [Deleted User]
    edited October 2019

Hello everyone,

Within the following 12 hours we will release an automatic signature update which should stop Bitdefender from interfering with GeForce Streaming. 

If possible, kindly reply to this thread in the following days and let us know if GeForce Streaming works for you after the Bitdefender update occurs.

Update: Good news! The fix has been confirmed to work as per our internal tests! 

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by this situation. Thank you for your patience.

• On 10/30/2019 at 3:23 PM, Alex D. said:

Hello everyone,

Within the following 12 hours we will release an automatic signature update which should stop Bitdefender from interfering with GeForce Streaming. 

If possible, kindly reply to this thread in the following days and let us know if GeForce Streaming works for you after the Bitdefender update occurs.

Update: Good news! The fix has been confirmed to work as per our internal tests! 

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by this situation. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks a lot for this fix. A lot of people are going to be happy :)

• On 10/30/2019 at 5:23 PM, Alex D. said:

Hello everyone,

FINALLY!! It's working!! 

• AJMB
    edited November 2019

On 10/28/2019 at 5:31 PM, vampgirl said:

These are the ips I added to my exception list and with these I have no problem connecting :

<whitelist count="24" version="1">

<item id="1">185.136.68.145</item>

<item id="2">185.136.68.153</item>

<item id="3">185.136.71.101</item>

<item id="4">185.136.71.102</item>

<item id="5">185.136.71.103</item>

<item id="6">185.136.71.104</item>

<item id="7">52.57.40.242</item>

<item id="8">77.111.250.101</item>

<item id="9">77.111.250.102</item>

<item id="10">77.111.250.103</item>

<item id="11">77.111.250.104</item>

<item id="12">8.36.113.165</item>

<item id="13">8.36.80.201</item>

<item id="14">8.36.80.224</item>

<item id="15">8.36.80.252</item>

<item id="16">88.221.114.203</item>

<item id="17">92.123.100.184</item>

<item id="18">ec2-107-23-44-132.compute-1.amazonaws.com</item>

<item id="19">ec2-18-203-59-78.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com</item>

<item id="20">ec2-18-211-28-115.compute-1.amazonaws.com</item>

<item id="21">ec2-3-248-30-203.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com</item>

<item id="22">ec2-52-28-105-194.eu-central-1.compute.amazonaws.com</item>

<item id="23">ec2-52-57-40-242.eu-central-1.compute.amazonaws.com</item>

<item id="24">wq-in-f189.1e100.net</item>

</whitelist>

You may need to add other ips depending on your location. But this will help lot of you from Europe 

Thanks for the help, but sadly at the time didn't work for me. But I'm glad they fixed it now!!

• We're glad to hear everything's back to normal!

Thread Locked.

This discussion has been closed.