Bitdefender Free Version System Scan and Full Scan

What is the range of the default System Scan? At the end, it showed less items scanned than if I scanned the C and D disk. Also, is there a way to full scan my computer?

Comments

• Hello,

When you scan for the first time Bitdefender will scan all the files from your system. After performing multiple scans, it will scan only the new and modified files.

The System Scan will perform a full scan on your system.

• 2 hours ago, Roxana G said:

Hello,

When you scan for the first time Bitdefender will scan all the files from your system. After performing multiple scans, it will scan only the new and modified files.

The System Scan will perform a full scan on your system.

Why when I did the first system scan, it scanned less files than if I dropped drive C?

• Roxana G
    Roxana G
    edited October 2019

Hello,

Bitdefender uses photon technology, meaning that the scanned files will not be scanned again, thus, it will scan less files.

• On 10/23/2019 at 9:12 AM, Roxana G said:

Hello,

Bitdefender uses proton technology, meaning that the scanned files will not be scanned again, thus, it will scan less files.

I see, but it was my first scan ever. So, I installed it, did a system scanned that scanned 2500 files if I remember correctly. Then, I decided to scan the C drive and got 5000+ files. It is the free version if that might be the reason.

• Hello,

What you experience is normal. After performing multiple System scans with Bitdefender, it will scan only the new and modified files.

The contextual scan won't scan only the new and modified files because it has also some other options activated.