Bitdefender blocking Netflix/Widevine on Brave Browser

could you guys please stop blocking netflix from working correctly on Brave browser, I am sure Brave has already contacted you guys about the issue, but it's been months since people cannot use any website with Widevine because Bitdefender blocks them from working correctly, sites like Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, to name a few. Yes it has been verified Bitdefender is the culprit, I have tried a few times with bitdefender installed and not installed, it never works with Bitdefender installed. If you need to reproduce the issue, sometimes netflix does work the first time the browser is installed but it only works once, after you try to play anything with Widevine it will not work after, and the sites just give an error code, once again all this sites work when Bitdefender is not installed, but they don't work when  Bitdefender is installed and this is on Brave browser.

Comments

• Cosmin P.
    Cosmin P. QA Engineer ✭✭✭

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this, I have successfully reproduced the issue and will come back with an answer as soon as possible.

• Cosmin P.
    Cosmin P. QA Engineer ✭✭✭

Could you please check if the issue is fixed?

Thank you!

• Thread Locked due to inactivity.

This discussion has been closed.