Why does my antivirus say i have two devices being protected when i'm only using 1 laptop?

When I click into my devices it says I have two of them in use and one of them is at risk. Currently I an only using one Laptop. I do have the option to remove the later but i'm not sure if its a good idea. Any help would be awesome. Thank you. P.S.n I am running windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop

Tagged:

Comments

• In Central, Open up the tab on the "mystery laptop" and go to Anti-Theft, and use find device.

Depending on the weather or not that unit is currently connected to the internet, it ping back an physical location; and in the event its is offline/off-the-grid it alert you in central when is found...

I know from personal experience if you do hardware upgrades or OS re-installs, Bitdefender does not recognize the new OS so it will appear as a new device.

In the event that the location provided is not where you are...remotely...

OK you have options here...

You can be really nasty and remote wipe the unit....don't be evil...

You can lock the device in question the same way you can remote wipe the unit...(same interface)....still kind of evil...

And finally you can remotely via central remove the device (Bitdefender self uninstalls for the target computer/phone/tablet...)

THIS is what I recommend you do...after doing any of the above, change your password to your Bitdefender account to keep the buggers out, (also don't use a weak password, memorable but strong).

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 2020

Hi @DarcieDarcie

If your central account says that you have 2 devices connected, then it is possible that you had 2 devices connected. Since you recognize one device & not the other then below is an assumption.

Here is an assumptions, you might have used or installed Bitdefender on your friend's/ family members PC using your central account. You might have uninstalled the Bitdefender from that PC but the device will still show up in the central account. [THIS IS AN ASSUMPTION ONLY AS PER YOUR CASE]

If this is not the case, then to narrow down you can remove the unknown device from your central account by following the procedure in below bitdefender support link : https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2795/

If this helps, kindly click on agree.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• in the device theft location... is the actual physical location being determined? I thought that would be the case... but it says I am in two different places 100 miles apart.

Could that mean that someone else is somehow tuned into my computer? the installer or service person... someone who has 'shared' permission from before? tjhis computer had other users in the past... do they perhaps still have access to it?

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com regarding your query .They will reply back asap.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)