Quick question why cant you manage Exceptions for this feature? (reposting again...old post missing

It gives you the option....but when you go to add a exception its grayed out (not selectable)

I do the odd bit of bug hunting, and some of my tools get flagged as Trojans from time to time.

Also some of my programs (in this case Nexus Mod Manager) that are very large (roughly 150 GB) contain several dozen zip files...I make mods for a few games (Skyrim, Fallout NV, Fallout 4)....Bitdefender wants to scan the living crap out of these files every time I start it up...Even With a SSD it still takes up to ten minuets for Bitdefender to complete its scan. What I is way to "say DOWN ROVER!" or in other words a way to get it to stand down with that file folder, but not take down the entire security feature for the entire computer

Comments

• Spell correction (without triggering post deletion)

What I want is way to "say DOWN ROVER!" or in other words a way to get it to stand down with that file folder, but not take down the entire security feature for the entire computer .

• And the post before that too....

Rules for posting...

Once its post DO NOT EDIT IT otherwise it triggers the post to be deleted (not found)

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/82134/quick-question-why-cant-you-manage-exceptions-for-this-feature/p1?new=1

• Andy_BD
    Andy_BD ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

hey @Bughunter47, i've forwarded this issue about your posts being deleted. It hasn't happened before with other users, but it is something that you keep encountering, so we have to find the root cause.

I have also increased the time users can edit their posts for up to 4 hours.

With regards to your issue with the exceptions: please make sure you are on a user with Administrator rights when you're making these changes.

Alternatively, right-click on the Bitdefender shortcut (or from your start menu) and select Run as Administrator (see below)

This should enable you to to ADD EXCEPTION to the list.

LE: I've moved this thread to a more on topic section of the forum.

• Even running as Admin has that option disabled, here's a DxDiag

• Hello @Bughunter47 ,

Please provide us with more details regarding how the issue manifests. As per your screenshot, pressing "Add Exception" should add the rule. Does nothing happen once you click the button?

Or are you referring to the Advanced Threat Defense feature? If so, you can only add executable files as an exclusion under Advanced Threat Defense.

• A picture speaks a thousand words, at 60 fps I think this will speak volumes.

• Anyone home?

• Hello @Bughunter47 ,

As mentioned in my previous reply, basically you cannot add folders in Advanced Threat Defense. You will have to create an exclusion for each individual .exe that you'd like to add to the list.

• I have the same issue. I'm trying to exclude AutoCad from any bitdefender activity but I can only toggle 1 of 3. See picture. It wont let me switch the antivirus or advanced threat defense toggles.

• What would be a really nice idea is to enable expansion/substitution using *.

ie, C:\Program Files\SomeApp\*.exe or leavethisalone-v*.exe

That would save a lot of headaches.

• What would be a really nice idea is to enable wildcard expansion/substitution using *.

ie, C:\Program Files\SomeApp\*.exe or leavethisalone-v*.exe

That would save a lot of headaches, folks.

• This is such a big necessity for any power users. I honestly would have gone with a different solution had I known this wasn't possible. I do some legitimate background tasks with unsigned, actively developed tools which needs to fetch updated executable for child activities frequently... Every single time a new executable is introduced, it quarantines it. Its untenable to need to watch for these changes and act every single time. A simple wildcard, or full directory ignore list should be a feature. Even if it means going into the configuration files and setting it up there, to avoid non-power users making changes they don't understand.

I know there is a JSON configuration file at "%ProgramData%\Bitdefender\Desktop\.settings\data\{GUID}\.data" but I've not confirmed whether changes can be made to that file or not.