Issue with licensed Total Protection : One PC says Anti-Virus, Second says Trial

AllyC
AllyC
edited May 2020 in General

Purchased Total Protection two days ago, received my emails and activation code.

Downloaded this onto my development PC, installed and registered this using the activation code

Decided to put this on my laptop as well; asking me for activation code, so I reused this from the email, told me I had already used this code. Now when I look at Bitdefender Central, the original PC is saying just Anti-Virus and the Laptop is stating Total Security with 30 days remaining...

Something amiss me thinks and this should be an easier process as I was logged onto Central when I installed it on Laptop (2nd PC) so it should automatically get registered..According to what I read in the FAQ;s

Any ideas?

Ally

ps. I have re-installed it on the laptop; still the same.

Sent the link from the Bitdefender.exe and also the Install Protection button on Central; all are coming up as expiring in 30 days.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com for your query.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Just a wee update in case anyone else is having a similar problem while I await a reply from "bitsy".

1) Logged onto bitdefender central and downloaded bitdefender onto my laptop using the option there. All it did was put me down as a trial version.

2) Removed this from Laptop, sent a notification from the desktop to laptop. Still Trial Version.

3) Removed this (again). Sent the notification (NOTE: NOT from BD Central this time) from seccenter.exe (bitdefender icon) on desktop. Still Trial Version. However, I noticed that it "knew" the Laptop everytime (I assume that there is a combination utilising the Mac Address).

4) DELETED Laptop reference from BD Central. then tried (3) again... Laptop is now fully covered under the licence; however BD Central is still - technical term - "Gubbed".

Ally

• Hi Ally,

Did you ever solve this and if so how - I have a near identical problem.

Regards,

Pete

• MikeAustin
    edited May 2021
    I buy one license for my desktop and laptops its working fine on both sides.

Regards,
    Mike
    https://www.fivetechblog.co.uk/
  • Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Kindly refrain from posting spam comments or your account will be ban. In extreme cases your IP will be blocked from creating new accounts on bitdefender forum. This place is not for promoting your website.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)