update from internet security to total security

Hi, my elderly father recently received an offer to renew or upgrade his BD internet security (already licensed until 01/21). Separately his BD mobile security was due to expire 06/20. Not really understanding what he was doing he paid to upgrade to BD total security but also renewed BD mobile security through Google Play.

I have 2 questions about this now.

1) As far as I can see the only difference between Internet Security and Total security is the protection for other OS apart from Windows. Does this mean that he does not need to install/update his existing installation of Internet Security on his laptop?

2) On Bitdefender Central in My payments it shows his purchase of Total Security 2020 and says that it is activated but in My Subscriptions it only shows Internet Security and Mobile security. If we try to add the activation code for Total Security it says that the code has already been used. Should we be able to see Total Security in My subscriptions?

Thanks for your time

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@louaty

Let's answer each question separately.

1) Difference between internet security & total security. Have a look at image for simple explanation.

Additionally, Bitdefender Total Security covers all of the OS under one licence key. You can upgrade internet security on your fathers PC to total security from within the product by clicking upgrade and entering the total security licence key.

Now I also understand, you are having issue with your total security licence as your central says that  the code has already been used. This part of question is similar to your second question.

2)  The code has already been used. Kindly have a look at the best solution for this issue as stated by bitdefnder.

Now, since forum only provides limited support, so it is adviced to contact bitdefender support directly via email at bitsy@bitdefender.com. The licence issue can only be handled by the bitdefender support team. Additionally you can also share all of your question related to bitdefender central with them & they will provide you with the necessary & up to date solution.

Response may be delayed due to less staff and covid19. Rest be assured, they will reply back asap.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)