Which Bitdefender service will hide my router's ip address?

I changed server hosts for two websites I own. They have a higher level of backlisting and apparently my home network is blacklisted in one place because I have a dynamic IP instead of a static one. I am unable to open or work on my own sites when I use my home network. That means I have to use an unprotected hot spot. Fortunately everyone else can access it so I know my clients can see it.

I have literally spent two days in tech support with my cable company (Cox) and gotten NO WHERE with getting them to change my IP address to one that is static. I think I would have to get a business account with them but that would be more expensive and unnecessary for every other cable/internet need I have. I don't have a choice for ISPs in my area so i have to find a work around. My thought is that a VPN for my router/modem would hide the IP from the blacklists and from my server hosts system. I purchased a subscription to the Bitdefender VPN premium service, but realize this is only hiding my desktop's IP not my router's.

Does anyone have any advice or can anyone tell me if a Bitdefender product/service can help me solve this problem? Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi

I had similar issue. I called Bit Defender Premium Support 1-800-689-1251.

Technician fixed my issue right away.

Thank you

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@victoriap_s

No AV vendor or their VPN or any 3rd party VPN software can hide your router's external IP address. Internal IP that router provides to your various devices through wireless or directly through LAN can be changed by using VPN but external IP that is provided to the router from ISP cannot be changed and currently there is no available software/ option that can resolve this issue.

For privacy concern/ issue, you may want to shift to TOR browser.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Problem solved. The premium VPN does solve the problem. I just didn't realize it wasn't "connected". The funny thing is that now I can access my own websites, but I can't access Bitdefender Central. I need to remember to turn off the VPN for this site. Anyone else not able to get Bitdefender Central with their VPN connected?

• Flexx

@MaryLynn

Kindly refrain from providing improper contact number of bitdefender support on forum. The number you provided is a scam number and not related to bitdefender at all. Providing scam numbers may lead to banning of your account on the forum permanently. (@Alex D., @Andy_BD)

Additionally can you kindly provide details as to where did you find out that number from. Maybe I can be wrong but kindly share the details from where you found that specific number.

Kindly always use the bitdefender website to get the appropriate contact number of bitdefender support. Below is the image of bitdefender support related to some countries.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

• these people fixed my problem. so i shared it.

• Flexx

When you have bitdefender call support available and if they are providing you help free of cost (provided you are a premium user) then why opt for 3rd party support. Between posting 3rd party support contact on forum is prohibited. You cannot post support of any other company that provides support for bitdefender (netgear is an exception, since they have partnered with bitdefender)

If you come across any other 3rd party company providing support for bitdefender, kindly report the link to malware research team to get it blocked (https://www.bitdefender.com/submit/) or submit an email to bitsy@bitdefender.com 

Regards

Flex