Bitdefender Box reports a DHCP conflict in my home network. How to identify the device?

My Bitdefender Box is setup as the one and only DHCP server. From time to time the box reports that there is another DHCP server connected to my home network, offering IP addresses from another range.

Last time this occurred was yesterday 9.30 pm to 9.40 pm. No one of my household members had anything switched on or off during that time.All I have is the IP address of that device: 192.168.1.249.

BB sometimes reports this as a PLANEX camera, yesterday it has been identified as a PLANEX DVR.

Any ideas how to identify or locate the device?

Thanks four your input!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@nailman107

Since, support related to bitdefender BOX is very limited on the forum, it is always advised to contact the bitdefender BOX support directly through https://www.bitdefender.com/box/support/

You can either fill up the online forum or have a direct chat with the bitdefender BOX support representative.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hi Flex, thanks for taking your time.

Maybe I was not clear enough in my question. It's not about Bitdefender Box support. The BB did every thing right.

The question is a network topic: are there tools to identify an unknown device? I was looking for tips on maybe how to isolate the unknown device or how to block it from acting as a DHCP server.

But I can reach out to the BB support additionally to see if they can help.

Best regards

• Thanks for the detailed report about it, thank you.

Raj

• kaydetdandik
    edited June 2020

Hi

I have a bitdefender box 2. 

I am buyed onthe eBay .it is not New,

It is before installed and i am buyed preinstall

I will re configuration/ installation but box is light white rond and clignotan ( do your look to my video upload to youtube with this link :

https://youtu.be/NDGU7u8Y1CA

I am tryed 10s procedure reset but it is not bootload, everyday white light.i am tryed with app bitdefender central onthe Android but app is not find wifi ofthe bitdefender box wifi .

Box is before installed and configured with another personne.i wanna re-install

Do your send me procedure re-new installation with new connection configuration.

Thanks again

Best regards

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• tsbglj

Has Home Scanner been updated since 2018? Your manual is dated such. It says your HS is only for

Bitdefender Home Scanner supports exclusively networks based on IPv4 not 6. My router uses 2.4 and 6 as needed

Have advanced Technicolor Gateway/Router with internal server that seems to conflict with Your Hone Scanner!

It reported my router was potentially open to hacking with 2 errors.

Changed the internal server address and now 3/4 days latter again report this problem.

Is it Bitdefender Home Scanner or Technicolor, I am to believe