Bitdefender Total security 2020 offline update

subham
subham ✭✭✭
edited February 2022 in Product features and Ideation

As till 2019 weekly offline definition update was possible.As it is available from below website:

www.bitdefender.com/site/view/Desktop-Products-Updates.html

But no link found on Bitdefender Total Security 2020 definition update.Is it not available for 2020 products?Then I would say 2019 is better than 2020 products.

Offline update is very useful installing update in multi PC office network.It also avoids corrupted database download chance.Especially useful for first time update after fresh install and if any PC not updated for a week long due to holiday.For updating I don't have to wait long time to complete if I have offline weekly definition update as EXE file.

There should be any alternate way for 2020 products like Kaspersky (Kaspersky Update Utility) to manually configure group of tiny files downloaded database folder as update folder source on another PC if Bitdefender don't want to compose weekly update within a file.

Tagged:

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited June 2020

Hi Member,

Currently bitdefender does not provide weekly update for 2020 line of product .

If you are in much need, you can download latest database update through this link : http://download.bitdefender.com/updates/update_av64bit/cumulative.zip .

Kindly note that the database updates are available till 26th june 2020 in the above link, but it is always advised to run update through product itself, because if you will download the direct update file from above link, you will have to manually extract it into bitdefender update folder on your PC since this is not an executable file.

Additionally, you will have to first search where does bitdefender store its update on PC and then extract in that particular folder. In rare cases, it might be that duplication of update data may also occur if you update it through above link which can create a havoc and detection issue if you are not careful. So again, it is advised to use inbuilt product update option.

To share your feedback for developing an update utility, you can always drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com & they will share it with development team.

Response may be delayed due to less staff and covid19. Rest be assured, they will reply back asap.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• subham
    subham ✭✭✭

Thanks for the link.😀

But my products is Total security 64bit.Cumulative update says it as 'update_av64bit', means for Anti Virus product range.Will it work or match with Total Security?AV word is still doubtful as Bitdefender has two AV products.1.Bit Defender Antivirus Plus 2020 & 2. Bitdefender Free Antivirus.

For which AV product this cumulative update works perfectly? Or according your experience definition update is same for any Bit defender products whether it is AV or IS or TS(Total security).

• Flexx

It only contains emalware & espyware files in plugins folder which are the malware database update files of bitdefender. It will work for free av, av plus, bis & bts for all 64 bit versions of product developed by bitdefender till date.

Regards

Flex

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

There you go:

Just download the weekly.exe file and wait for the updates to be installed.

No need to extract the file, like the zip file stated above.

It worked for me about two hours ago, for Bitdefneder Total Security 2020 build 24.0.26.137 32-bit.

• Flexx
    edited June 2020

This is to inform you that weekly file does not only contains malware database but a improvement in database technology also. Chances are if you will select the wrong product database you might end up in corruption of your database. There is a reason why bitdefender has provided you with different version of weekly update for different version of product. It is good to know that the thing worked for you but what if it leads to corruption of data for the requested person. Kindly refrain from providing improper comments to customers & stick to the solutions provided by bitdefender.

If anyone wants to download offline update using weekly update that is applicable to all the product despite any version, that can be downloaded following this post : https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/10690/

@Alex D., @Andy_BD (kindly have a look)

Regards

Flex

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

That is exactly the same link i provided in my comment, and that link is from official Bitdefender's consumer support.

So, i did nothing wrong.

• Flexx

@Gjoksi79_

Sorry for the comment, my mistake. I assumed the link to be a quote.

Regards

Flex

• subham
    subham ✭✭✭

Thanks to both of you Flex & Gjoksi79. 😎Shall provide my personal experience reply by applying Gjoksi79 mentioned weekly.exe.

But I can see the hyperlink of the update mentioned in that official webpage:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/10690/

for 64 bit Operating systems(embedded hyperlink)

https://download.bitdefender.com/updates/bitdefender_2015/x64/weekly.exe

In weekly.exe hyperlink I can see the bitdefender mention the name of the version 2015.(as mentioned in above line)

I have no doubt that it may work for 2020 as its tested by Gjoksi79. If it works for all version then in hyperlink the name should be modified from 2015 to 20xx or all.

Plus why this link is only available to support answers page only?☹️This link should be also mentioned within

www.bitdefender.com/site/view/Desktop-Products-Updates.html

It's a bad web resource management by Bitdefender Web development team.It should be reported.

It makes me quite astonishing why Flex always ask or request(not to me but also to other members also who ask question or has unresolved tech support issue) to drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com & they will share it with development team.This is a official Bit defender community.Bit defender designated official member should automatically look after the matter.Especially the thread of feature request.Where beta testers and other experienced members communicate about the current scenarios and its way out.There is no button to escalate an issue or thread after two three replies.

I'm spending time discuss the issue with you guys.Information and experiences of various members are dynamic.So it changes every day.Now who bother to write down explaining all the facts and findings of all members experience via an email to bitsy@bitdefender.com.

Bitdefender official should look into the threads automatically or should have an escalate button or should be escalated for better resolution in official website change by an appointed community admin.

If issues and questions remains within the discussion between members only products won't improve or developed according customer demand. It's not a good method of utilizing the information of an online community knowledge and feedback-feed-forward mechanism.😐️