Can't Reinstall Bitdefender

When I tried to reinstall BD AV Free Ed., the installation did not complete and I was prompted to use the Uninstall Tool. But the Uninstall Tool finished with errors. I'm running Windows 10 64 bit

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@FirstName

Okay, so we need to go into safe mode now, to solve this issue.

1) Uninstall bitdefender agent and bitdefender free antivirus

2) Restart pc in safe mode (https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode)

3) As soon as desktop opens, assuming your windows drive is C, open below things in run command (windows icon + r) one by one :

C:\Program Files (delete any folder with name bitdefender)

C:\Program Files (x86) (delete any folder with name bitdefender)

C:\ProgramData (delete any folder with name bitdefender)

C:\Users\{your pc name}\AppData\Local (delete any folder with name bitdefender)

4) Open run command again and run below command one by one :

temp ,delete all the files in the folder

%temp% ,delete all the files in folder

prefetch ,delete all the files in folder

5) Restart your pc in general mode by unticking the option that you selected to run the system in safe mode and then click apply.

6) Try reinstalling bitdefender free

Keep posted.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• FirstName
    FirstName
    edited August 2020

@Flexx, thank you for your response. I was able to complete steps 1 - 5, but I got the following error when I tried reinstalling.

It might be worth mentioning that there's a BD registry key that I can't delete.

• Flexx

This might be due to following things.

1) Are you running the installer in safe mode. If so revert back to general mode for installer.

2) If you are running in general mode, go to C:\Windows\temp , if there is no such folder, create one and then try to install bitdefender free again.

If nothing happens, kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at [email protected] describing your issue in brief with the steps you have taken to resolve the issue till now.

Regards

Flex

• I ran the installer in general mode and I found the folder. I got the same error again and will send an email.

• These instructions don't work.

• Flexx
    edited October 2020

Hi Member,

Kindly refrain from using abusive language in the forum. Doing so will lead to banning of your forum account. In worst case scenario, your IP will be banned on the forum & you will not be able to create any more new account on the forum.

If you still are facing any issue kindly contact the bitdefender support directly by dropping them a email at [email protected]

@Alex D., @Andy_BD

Regards

Flex

• Flexx
    edited October 2020

Since despite warning you have not stopped using abusive language. Your query has been forwarded to forum administrator & bitdefender staff and they will look into this matter and decide what will be the next step taken against your forum account.

Regarding the support not responding, the maximum time the support takes is 72 hours to respond to a query excluding saturday & sunday. Kindly drop a follow up mail to the support if you have not, since they are the only ones that can help you. If the starting solution in the post did not resolved your issue you will have to stick to support and wait for their reply. Forum has limited support to answer user query.

Regards

Flex