Anti-tracker interfering with Google Docs and Gmail

If I'm in gmail, and use the 9 dot icon, select Calendar, I get a 400 error. If I type calendar.google.com as a URL, it works fine.

If I'm in Google Drive, double-click on a sheet, I get a 401 error (auth). If I open sheets and file File/open to get the same sheet, it opens fine.

If I go to Chrome's 3-dot menu / More Tools / Extensions, and disable Bitdefender Anti-tracker using the slide, then return to those pages, refresh, and try again, those problems go away.

This is Windows 10, Chrome is fully up to date. I purged downloaded pages and cookies, and refreshed pages. Disabling anti-tracker makes the problem go away, links work fine. Re-enabling anti-tracker brings the problems back.

Cheers,

glen

Comments

• Hello @glenm125 ,

Few other users are also facing similar issues with Bitdefender AntiTracker and google. Here is the resolution to your issue and use both Bitdefender and google drive.

Click on the tab for Google Drive (or the errored page), then click on the Bitdefender Anti-tracker extension, then click the gear icon in the upper right corner (in the open Bitdefender Anti-tracking extension), and under "Exceptions", click the blue "Add current website to the list." This should add drive.google.com ; however, you can also manually enter the link "drive.google.com" in the bar under "Manually add or remove websites below."  You might have to refresh the tab that has the error, or close the tab and reopen your Google drive.

https://support.google.com/drive/thread/49204877?hl=en

This is just a work around, you can report the issue at bitsy@bitdefender.com

If you find this helpful, please mark the answer as accepted/agree.

Thanks and regards.

• That work-around does not work for me. Setting all of drive.google.com, docs.google.com, accounts.google.com, and google.com did not work.

This only started happening today. I have Anti-Tracker 1.3.0.13.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited June 2020

@glenm125, @Poetnerd

This is to inform you that the issue currently being checked by the bitdefender development team. Kindly have a look at a reply from bitdefender support.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Poetnerd
    Poetnerd
    edited June 2020

Removing superfluous comment. Sorry for the noise.

• How will I be notified that there is a patch and that it is safe to turn the Anti-tracker back on?

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

As said in trail comment by the bitdefender support in the image, the patch will bill available automatically through update and if they reply back on the same to me via personal email, i will post back here.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Just for information until the fix is published, I found that just refreshing the new tab (with the Unauthorized Error 401) worked without adding the site to the exceptions.