Application Access

When an unknown application is identified by bit defender there is no easy way to allow it access.

Please add a button beside the [keep blocking] one to allow access so we don't have to go in to a submenu and scroll through a list of applications to find the correct one to grant access to.

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• mrmirakhur
    mrmirakhur Moderator, Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Member

To share your feedback, kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at [email protected]

.Response may be delayed due to less staff and covid19. Rest be assured, they will reply back asap.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

OMEN Laptop 15-en1037AX (Bitdefender Total Security) & Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra (Bitdefender Mobile Security)

• Andy_BD
    Andy_BD ✭✭✭

@Flexx that defeats the purpose of this section of the community. 'We want to make this process more transparent and encourage our users to share their thoughts and ideas.

Rather than shoot an email to an address and hope that it will get picked up, we want our users to find and develop ideas they have in common and support each other towards a common goal - adding/changing features so that our products improve and become better tailor made for our users.

The more an idea is popular with our users, the higher the chance it will have to be taken in to consideration by our developers and applied in our products.

So to conclude our users have the following options:

1. propose an idea - ideally with as much detail as they can, including their user story (more details about how to built your case can be found in the guidelines here)
    2. if the same idea is there, users can vote on it, comment to show their support, or even add up on said idea if they think it could further be improved.
    3. even if a user doesn't have an idea particularly, they can still browse the section and upvote/downvote and engage with the content already present.

Cheers

• mrmirakhur
    edited July 2020

Hi @Andy_BD

Just dropped you a personal message. If you can check & rectify.

@AceTheSpaceCase Though it was a voting type feedback, my take was that it would have been great if it could have reached the development team asap, hence I provided you the email of support, because they are the ones who can directly contact the development team and share the feedback of the users.

Regards

Flex

OMEN Laptop 15-en1037AX (Bitdefender Total Security) & Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra (Bitdefender Mobile Security)

• Andy_BD
    Andy_BD ✭✭✭

I understand where you're coming from and appreciate your desire to help very much. But as I said in my reply, we want to make this process more transparent for everybody.

Instead of shooting your shot in the blind, we're giving everyone a chance to showcase their creativity and ideas and unite in their desire to see our products improved and be better built to their needs.

My colleagues who would ultimately be on the receiving end of those suggestion emails are the same who will be reviewing your and other users' ideas that will be posted here. I will make sure that will be the case :D

Consider this a reply to your post and your PM as well.

Cheers!

• mrmirakhur

• I am using "vim" to edit a file that is in one of the protected folders. I do this a lot, because that is what this program is for.

I have to grant access for 5 minutes at a time. This is tedious.

There is a list of "applications that have requested to change your protected files" -- "git" and "vim" are in that list and have "Allowed" next to them. Why is "vim" different to "git"?

User journey:

1) update git repository (accesses protected files, specifically ssh keys and the location of the git repository) -- no warning from BitDefender:

$ git fetch --all

2) edit one of the files in the git repository (this file was just updated by the git command without issue) -- warning issued by BitDefender, requiring user password:

$ vim my_file

3) lots of swearing, followed by web searches, culminating in finding this travesty of a public forum, where a question is asked publicly and no answer is given publicly, except email and maybe someone will do something, from 9 months ago, with no update or progress report or indication that anything actually happened, which of course it did not, otherwise I would not be here ranting about the exact same problem.