Cancelling Auto Renewal - No Info

Hello,

I have followed the instructions in the FAQ for cancelling auto renewal. However when I click on the payments options, as instructed, the screen is completely blank. Nothing ever appears, therefore I cannot change my options.

Please, can someone help?

Thanks!

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited June 2020

Hi @BikerBear

Kindly follow the steps provided in the below link to stop bitdefender auto renewal process

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/29081/

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1444/

If the issue still persists, kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com .Response may be delayed due to less staff and covid19. Rest be assured, they will reply back asap.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• This is happening to me too. Funny how the ONLY page that has an issue is the one that is used to cancel memberships. And we're going to get a delayed response due to covid19.. probably after the money is taken from our accounts. Is this a way to extort money from us?? Fix this immediately

• Flexx

Well the community has limited support backed up by the support links provided by bitdefender staff. We are not staff member of bitdefender, instead people who have some advanced knowledge related to bitdefender product so that we can help customer in some way or the other.

We are prompted to handover the case to bitdefender support via email from forum administrator (@Andy_BD) & staff (@Alex D.) if we are unable to solve any query of customer rather than providing them with wrong information.

On the other hand, support response will be delayed due to covid 19 which in fact is a genuine reason and no one can deny that.

So, currently you can either have a live chat with bitdefender support (https://www.bitdefender.com/PremiumServices-Chat/) which is hardly available as of now, due to covid issue or maybe time difference.

Secondly if you need another chat option which is available 24*7, you can have chat with bitdefender BOX support team, maybe they might be able to help you regarding your query. But it is not guaranteed, since it is for bitdefender BOX support, but still you can give it a try (https://www.bitdefender.com/box/support/)

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

• I agree with oliver 1992 every page is kept up to date apart from renewals you cannot blame Covid 19 on everything. Many company employers and employees are working from home.

• Flexx

• Joonas
    Joonas
    edited July 2020

They still haven't fixed the store page. Also not even answering to my requests by e-mail. I asked for help from the Bitdefender customer service, but instead of answering to my question how I can get to my account settings, they only offered me cheaper price for the new subscription. It is not fixing the solution. Because of the poor site management and customer service I am not interested in paying for more.

The given solution in this thread does not help because I can't access the storefront.

• I was auto renewed today for a year subscription despite not authorizing Avangate to renew. I went to "Bitdefender Central/my payments" to cancel and got the same "can't connect to bitfinder store" nonsense. I've emailed Bitfinder to cancel any renewals and subscriptions. I also contacted PayPal to begin a dispute claim.

• Sadly Bitdefender does not offer a cancellation option in the settings of a user's profile. You literally have to email them to request a refund up to 30 days after purchasing the item. The whole process is painful and confusing. I definitely would never recommend this product based on my experience. I did stumble on bitdefender store and "2checkout" page. You have to register again but there isn't any option to cancel only to stop auto renew.

• Yeah, I also finally got my renewal cancelled by e-mail, but it still seems the only way. The crazy thing here is that they don't either want to help or can't fix the problem and just don't dare to say it.

I've been in touch with three different agents by e-mail and two agents by chat, and everyone's just on about cancelling the renewal OR offering me a new subscription. Nobody, not a single representative has answered to my question or helped me to go through so that I could access my payment information myself. For a company whose main product is to sell security tool it sounds very suspicious.

• Sewer_Rat
    Sewer_Rat
    edited August 2020

They have that for the longest time, that photo provided to cancel the renewal might have been removed on an update that they made. The only thing to prevent this now, is to not use your device.

I did this on my old laptop and this bitdefender company only charge me for this PC which I use.

My Advice is: NEVER add a 2nd device into an account even if you bought it for 3 units. And NEVER recommend the bitdefender product, just let them die.

~Edit to add a sentence~

..let them die, just don't support them period. Or take it to court if you can, because you'll probably win the case, do it in a group of complainants.

• I have to agree with Joonas, locking people into an automatic renewal with no way to manage it from the dashboard or website is something only a scammer would do. Very suspicious coming from a company supposedly selling security.

• Does canceling/deleting your account stop the auto-renewal?