Antivirus free fails installation

Dr_EVL
Dr_EVL
edited August 2020 in Antivirus

I've tried multiple times to install the Bitdefender antivirus free edition on a Win10 desktop that used to run Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. I did a normal uninstall of the original bitdefender product. In the course of troubleshooting, I also ran the 6 different bitdefender uninstall tools. Also rebooted into safe mode and deleted all files from Temp, %temp%, and prefetch; as well as any bitdefender folders in Program Files, Program Files (x86), ProgramData, and AppData/Local. Still getting the following result:

Running the bitdefender_online.exe install starts the Bitdefender agent which appears to download the 409MB worth of files OK. But then the installation complains that Bitdefender Agent is detected:

Looking in the Program Files directory or add/remove Programs at this point shows that Bitdefender Agent has indeed been installed. After pressing continue, I'm informed a Reboot is required. After reboot, the installer automatically continues, but throws an error that the Bitdefender product agent was not found:

Looking in the Program Files directory or add/remove Programs at this point shows that Bitdefender Agent has been removed.

Would appreciate any troubleshooting tips you might have to get this installed. Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

You have already performed the needed resolution but it seems it did not worked in your case.

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com briefly explaining your issue and the steps you have taken till now to resolve your issue at your end.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)