Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Abnormal CPU usage by Bitdefender virus shield

Guys,

I just upgraded to the most recent version of BD and discovered that it causes an extremely high CPU utilization that is balancing around 40% all the time (see in image attached):

Is there a quick fix to that? The PC restart does nothing.

The OS is Windows 10 (v2004). I'm running MS outlook and the Edge browser only for now. No copy operation or something that may cause the BD scanner to go nuts.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Kindly collect bitdefender logs - https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/8919/

Email the logs with your issue to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com .Response may be delayed due to less staff and covid19. Rest be assured, they will reply back asap.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• SyedAdiey
    SyedAdiey
    edited August 2020

Happen to me also, already sent the item to support.

They suggested to check each of the service, i've disable all the BD service still, the CPU usage is high!

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've picked up your case and I'd like to offer my full support with sorting everything out.

We first need to figure out which Bitdefender module is causing the issue you described, and the best way to do that is to turn them off one by one.

1) Open Bitdefender

2) Go to Protection

3) Turn off Advanced Threat Defense, and Bitdefender Shield (in Antivirus > Open > Advanced)

4) Check if the Processor and RAM usage has gone down

5) If usage went down, turn on the features on step 3, one by one, until you determine the culprit

If at any point you get stuck, please get back to me and I'll be happy to help out.