Bitdefender Total Security 2021 Version 25 Update?

blaxxz
blaxxz
edited September 2020 in Update

Hi,

how long does it take to get Version 25 through the integrated Updater in Bitdefender?

Greetings

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

It totally depends on your internet connectivity speed. The download size of total security 2021 varies. For 64 bit version it is 488 mb while for 32 bit version it is 456 mb.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    edited September 2020

Sorry.

I meant when we will get the Update up to 25 (2021) through the integrated Updater.

Or must we install it manually?

Should i uninstall Version 24 before then?

I never got an Info from Bitdefender that there is a new 2021 Version out. 😕

• Flexx

Sooner or later you will get the upgraded version through integrated update. If you want to install it before that, you can directly download the installer of 2021 from online central account or from below link :

64 bit : https://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/connect/cl/2021/all/bitdefender_ts_25_64b.exe

32 bit : https://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/connect/cl/2021/all/bitdefender_ts_25_32b.exe

Regards

Flex

• Should i do a complete uninstall of Version 24 (2020) before?

• Flexx

It's better to uninstall previous version before installing a new version.

Bitdefender uninstall tool : https://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/uninstall_consumer_paid.html (choose your appropriate uninstaller version)

Regards

Flex

• Thank you.

It worked perfectly.

But i'm really disappointed that i could uninstall Bitdefender with this Tool although the password protection was active.

With ESET i must deactivate the Protection or must type the Password when i use the uninstall tool.

Why is it so easy to uninstall Bitdefender?

• Is there already an uninstaller tool for version 2021?

• Flexx

It was because you used the uninstaller that was developed by the bitdefender company itself & since you used the company's own uninstaller, it can bypass any password protection on the bitdefender product.

Regarding ESET, if you will use the ESET uninstaller developed by the company itself, it will also bypass the password protection. The uninstaller developed by ESET for their product works only in safe mode.

Well, to narrow down here that if you will uninstall an antivirus by the company's uninstall tool, it will always bypass the password protection. If you will use uninstaller from add/ remove programs then you will have to provide the password.

Regards

Flex

• Flexx

Currently there is no 2021 version of uninstaller available, but 2020 version of uninstaller should work for 2021 version but it is not guaranteed.

Regards

Flex

• Regarding ESET, if you will use the ESET uninstaller developed by the company itself, it will also bypass the password protection. The uninstaller developed by ESET for their product works only in safe mode.

Im pretty sure that i must also type the Password even when i used the Uninstaller from Eset.

I uninstalled Bitdefender but two Services where still installed. Why weren't they deleted?

As i said, i uninstalled BD through Windows. And there was no questioning about a Password.

So everybody is allowed to uninstall Bitdefender. This is not acceptable.

BTW The 2020 Uninstaller works also with the 2021 Version.

• Flexx

VPN & Agent are 2 different product of bitdefender. Agent is the base product, without it bitdefender product will not get installed. The bitdefender uninstaller only focuses on uninstalling the antimalware product, but the agent & VPN have to be uninstalled seperately/ manually from add/ remove.

Regrads

Flex