Issue with Microsoft Access

I spoke to Javad Alessandro who was very helpful, however, I have the free version so was advised to come here.

When BitDefender Free is installed, even with file or folder exclusions applied, I am unable to compact and repair an Access database.

As soon as I uninstall, I can.

I reinstalled for Javad and the issue returned. I then removed it again, I can compact again.

So the issue is definitely rooted in BitDefender. Is there anything I can do to have it installed and be able to Compact and Repair?

Comments

• The error message that appears is: "Could not use '{file}'; file already in use.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

The issue might be with the way the free version and access are interacting.

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com regarding your issue & ask them to get it checked by the development team. This issue can only be rectified at bitdefender end.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Thanks for the reply. Will do!

• Thargoid
    Thargoid
    edited October 2020

I tried... but they just referred me back here. My glowing review of BitDefender is about to be removed....

I included your post and all information, the only reply I got was "Go back here for support". Well I tried that, I tried the devs. I guess they don't want to fix the issue. I understand it's a free offering but if it doesn't work, the devs should at least take an interest in any issues it has? Or am I expecting too much? :)

I need to make my customers aware of the issue as some are office users.

• Flexx

Hi Member,

Let me tag the bitdefender staff member (@Alex D.) & forum administrator (@Andy_BD) to see if they can help you in someway or the other.

Regards

Flex

• Thank you. Sorry if it sounded snotty. I'd just woken up... grumpily!

• Bump

• I appreciate this is a free version but is there anyone who can tell me if this will be looked at or if I'm just wasting my time checking back? Just a simple "We're looking into this" or "Can't be done" would be very much appreciated. Thanks :)

• Flexx

Hi Member,

To get accurate possible solution you will have to contact bitdefender support via email. There does not seems any more possible help on the forum in relation to this post.

Regards

Flex

• Unfortunately, I've already done that and been directed back here. No problem :)

Thanks for your help :)

• Flexx

@Alex D., @Andy_BD

Kindly look into the matter !

Regards

Flex

• Thargoid
    Thargoid
    edited November 2020

o7 Thanks Flex. You tried your best and I am very grateful. Thanks for trying.

Shame I don't get the same vibe about BD anymore.

• I just installed a new router and Bitdefender on December 2 and immediately started having the issue with compacting Microsoft Access. I called support and they have opened a support ticket and sent the issue up the chain. After doing some trouble shooting with a knowledgeable support person it was determined to be an issue with the antivirus. I have been told that I should get a response in 24 to 48 hours.

I hope they were already working on this issue.

• Hi @GWPottorff ,

Is the router a Netgear one? Kindly asking to sent me privately your ticket number so I can follow it up with my colleagues.

cheers,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB