Problems with Bitdefender 2020 Firewall and Minecraft Dungeons (possibly other UWP apps)

Howdy,

I have recently noticed that Minecraft Dungeons (Windows 10 UWP) is being blocked by Bitdefender IS 2020's firewall. This appears to occur when Default application behavior is set to default (automatic). If I start Minecraft Dungeons I get a network appears to be down message. Doing the same with Alert Mode turned on shows multiple attempts by Minecraft Dungeons trying to talk out to MS and Amazon AWS servers. As expected even saying yes to each query (and there are a lot) will not resolve the issue. Creating a specific Rule that allows the Dungeons.exe to allow all traffic through does NOT resolve the issue (I've created a rule for both executables within the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps ... application folder (after taking ownership of the parent folder).

The workarounds that do work are to either: Turn off the Firewall or Change the Default application behavior to Allow within the Bitdefender firewall settings. Neither is really an acceptable long term solution as you can imagine.

I believe similar issues with Flight Sim 2020 can be found within this forum and I guess there is a good chance you are aware of this or similar issues. Anecdotally I believe I've had similar issues with State of Decay 2 Juggernaut Edition (also a Windows Store app) within the last 12 months but cannot confirm this as no investigation was undertaken.

Hopefully you can address this in one of your regular updates.

Thanks for your time.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com regarding your issue & they will reply back asap.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hi Flex,

Sent the email on the same day as per other forum threads. No reply however I did notice several days later a new setting for Teredo that can be set to Allow/Disallow ... interestingly that option has now disappeared again from my Bitdefender client. I'll continue my conversation via email and see how things go.

Cheers!

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Bitdefender support takes a little time to respond back. Mostly they reply back in maximum of 72 hours excluding saturday & sunday. You can drop a follow up email to them or if you need urgent help, though not the appropriate department, still you can hope for some help from the bitdefender box team, since they have online chat option (https://www.bitdefender.com/box/support/)

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)