Support for additional browsers

Shadowraven
edited January 2022 in General Topics

I see that you include support for most of the major browsers, but you haven't added any others recently. I personally don't use those browsers, nor do most of my friends. The majors are either too unwieldy or don't offer the features of the I want. I have also experienced too many issues when using Chrome, Firefox, Explorer or Opera.

I'd like to know if the devs plan to add support for any other popular browsers like Vivaldi and Brave anytime soon. If I am right, I don't think your security extends to these others, even if they are based on Chrome.

Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com .Response may be delayed due to less staff and covid19. Rest be assured, they will reply back asap.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Flexx

@Shadowraven

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com .Response may be delayed due to less staff and covid19. Rest be assured, they will reply back asap.

Regards

Flex

• Flexx

Hi member,

Currently bitdefender only supports the major and vastly used browsers in the wild like you stated chrome, firefox & safari.

Opera is now based on chrome technology. Even the browser you stated brave & vivaldi are based on chrome technology. As of now there may not be any new browsers supported by bitdefender. What you can do is that since vivaldi & brave are based on chrome technology, you can easily use chrome extension on the browsers.

Bitdefender support for browser is only meant to block phishing & malicious website.

So until bitdefender will decide to support additional browser in future, you can still download bitdefender traffic light extension on your chrome based browser (vivaldi & brave) and be protected from phishing & malicious websites.

Regards

Flex

• Flexx

@Shadowraven

Currently bitdefender only supports the major and vastly used browsers in the wild like you stated chrome, firefox & safari.

Opera is now based on chrome technology. Even the browser you stated brave & vivaldi are based on chrome technology. As of now there may not be any new browsers supported by bitdefender. What you can do is that since vivaldi & brave are based on chrome technology, you can easily use chrome extension on the browsers.

Bitdefender support for browser is only meant to block phishing & malicious website.

So until bitdefender will decide to support additional browser in future, you can still download bitdefender traffic light extension on your chrome based browser (vivaldi & brave) and be protected from phishing & malicious websites.

Regards

Flex

• Flexx

Hi member,

So until bitdefender will support additional browser, you can still download bitdefender traffic light extension on your chrome based browser (vivaldi & brave) and be protected from phishing & malicious websites.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)a

• Flexx

@Shadowraven

So until bitdefender will support additional browser in future, you can still download bitdefender traffic light extension on your chrome based browser (vivaldi & brave) and be protected from phishing & malicious websites.

Regards

Flex

• Flexx

@Shadowraven

So until bitdefender will support additional browser in future, you can still download bitdefender traffic light extension on your chrome based browser (vivaldi & brave) and be protected from phishing & malicious websites.

Regards

Flex

• Adriana_S
    Adriana_S Bitdefender Product Manager BD Staff

Hi @Shadowraven ,

Just dropping by to let you know that we've recently added support for Brave :) Stay safe online!

• Thanks for giving the information https://www.targetehr.me/