Web Protection keeps turning off - Galaxy S8 on Android 9

mvb1984
edited January 2022 in Mobile Security

Hello,

Every day or so when I check my Bitdefender Security app, Web Protection is turned off. Every day I turn it on again and I have to set the the system permission slider to on... for some reason the system keeps turning the slider to off. I can't seem to trigger this by rebooting my phone... it just happens after some time.

I would like some suggestions on things I can try to prevent from Web Protection turning itself off.

I have a Galaxy S8 (SM-G950F), running on Android 9, One UI version 1.0. I'm using the latest version of Bitdefender Security - 3.3.052.854.

Comments

• Hello,

in the energy management settings, the sleep mode must be removed for the application.

Cordially.

• I'm not in sleep mode and it's still doing it to my doogee s95 pro

• Adriana_S
    Adriana_S Bitdefender Product Manager BD Staff

Hi @Richo ,

The issue is indeed caused by a system optimization mechanism that removes the permission required by Web Protection. Solving it can be different depending on the device - you can either look for battery optimization and exclude the Bitdefender Mobile Security app or look for some rules that can be handled at device-level for managing apps or prioritizing their background functionality.

Hope this helps; I couldn't find anything more specific to the Doogee, but I recommend looking through the device settings to find a method of excluding the app from being closed off so you can keep Web Protection enabled at all times and browse safely.

• Can that be the case even if the phone is plugged in to a quick charge? I'll probably DIY it I've done around 3 iPhones and an s8 battery

krogerfeed

• Hello,

are there any ideas for Vivo Y30 and Android 10?

I have the same problem, web protection keeps turning off despite exclusion of the service from battery optimization.

I've looked through all the settings but can't find any relevant to correct this behavior.

• same concerns. how to stop this from occurring?

• Liobet
    Liobet ✭✭✭

Hi LEM,

check @Adriana_S 's post. There is few answers to add. Deactivate as many softwares running in the background to save battery, but BD security and BD VPN, check if you could either make to sleep all soft you do not saily use.

If it does not work, write to the BD support team, telling them your your precise specs - since each phone/generation/... has its "optimization" gimmicks that could bring either so-called "improvement" or issue.

Cheers,

L.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor3.40 GHz 32,0 Go [ Bitdefender Internet Security + VPN]

• Flanksy
    Flanksy
    edited November 2023

Hiya @LEM and @Liobet and everyone,

Pardon me for the ping, I hope this helps as I have posted it in another category. I may have found a way to keep the web protection on after testing and monitoring it for 17 days now on a Samsung S20, Note 20 and also A51 device. This is also a guidance I got from Bitdefender Support Team. I'll copy the solution for you below. All you have to do when looking up the Don't kill my app website (https://dontkillmyapp.com) to follow the android version your device is running on other than that should work on what I did below:

How I managed to get it running:

Upon checking the Bitdefender Security Application in the battery care and also memory, I noticed 2 of the devices didn't have the Bitdefender app listed in it out of the 3 devices. After testing the device which had the Bitdefender app on the option to exclude it from the battery and memory auto shutdown, I noticed that one device didn't turn off automatically after a week of monitoring whereas the other 2 did shut off after 3 days. So the next course of action for the 2 other Samsung devices was to uninstall it from the google play store as well as to remove it from bitdefender central as well. After that I reinstalled the app and before signing into the app to add the license to it, I went back to the battery and memory option to exclude it and I now have found the bitdefender app to be there and excluded it from both memory and battery auto shutdown and only after that I signed into the application to link the license and after once in the app, the permission needed to be given to the app for the spam monitor, notification monitor, scan etc, I have given and turned on the stated permission. After a few days later I have seen all 3 Samsung devices running as expected without the Bitdefender app being auto shutdown. 

I would like to inform you regarding this issue as well that the Samsung users will have to reinstall the app if they don't see the Bitdefender Application app in the battery and memory exclude option even tho that in other places like apps, storage and permissions the Bitdefender app is already excluded, but if they don't see it in the memory and battery option, the phone will still auto shutdown the application. Only way for the fix is in paragraph 2.

This is how I managed to get not just web protection, but the Scam alert, Chat Protection and the App Anomaly Detection from being auto shut off after a few days (3 days for me at least). But then again, I do hope this does help anyone that still have it auto shutting down. As for Xiaomi, I am not so sure as I haven't tried on a Xiaomi device but then again if you are still having the same issue, the best people to still ask is the Bitdefender Support Team😊

Best Regards,

Flanksy

• Liobet
    Liobet ✭✭✭

Thanks very much Flanksy for the surprising tip ! 👍️

After that I reinstalled the app and before signing into the app to add the license to it, I went back to the battery and memory option to exclude it and I now have found the bitdefender app to be there and excluded it from both memory and battery auto shutdown]

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor3.40 GHz 32,0 Go [ Bitdefender Internet Security + VPN]

• You're welcome Liobet!! 😊

Regards,

Flanksy