PotPlayer installation crashes/doesn't start.

Ravz
Ravz
edited July 2020 in General

Hello all, my question says it all. I can run the installation before installing BD Total Security, but after installing Total Security I'll not be able to install the program or update the program as well. Have tried including the setup file in the exception list, but none worked. I do not even get any notification as to what is being blocked. I have also included the event log as well. Also noticed that XorEncryptFST.dll is causing the crash. Is there a workaround for this? Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

The crash is expected, because the setup of Pot player consists of additional adware within the setup which is called as fusioncore. Though sample is not malicious but it is a PUA & that is what might be leading to the crash since bitdefender might be stopping the PUA file from executing, which makes the installer unstable.

Try this Resolution :

1) Disable bitdefender real time security & all other security.

2) Install Pot player

3) Exclude Pot player in bitdefender afterwards

4) Re Enable bitdefender real time and other security.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Ravz
    Ravz
    edited July 2020

That didn't work as well sir. Having the same error on event log "Faulting Module Path: XorEncryptFST.dll". I will be asked for admin rights, then I get to choose the language of the installation, and once I choose the language the installer fails to load throwing the above error in the log.

Edit: This is happening after I upgraded BD to 2020 edition.

• Flexx

Well, since above solution did not worked, kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com explaining the issue in brief.

Regards

Flex

• Alright sir I will definitely do. Thank you for your response and support, will look forward for any other solutions if needed.

• @Flexx I have dropped an email to the support, I've not got any reply from them yet. Will the issue be resolved?

• Flexx

I cannot guarantee the response time, but when I send the samples I usually get the response in 2-3 days, excluding saturday & sunday. Kindly drop a second mail on the same mail to ask for update.

Regards

Flex

• I haven't got any reply from the support. And I think I could also not expect reply from them anytime. I just hope that the problem is fixed in the future. Thank you for your reply though.

• Have you tried to add the app to the exception in the Advanced Threat defense module?

Try to do so using these instructions: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2393/ .

Keep us updated!

• Yes I have tried everything from adding into exceptions and also disabling all the protection as well. I still cannot run the installer. I am totally aware that the installer is having some kind of Adware bundled with it, but at least the antivirus should notify me as to what is being blocked. It shows nothing and keeps blocking in the background and preventing me from running the installer.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭

SPAMMER

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Flexx

• Why is my post being spammed continuously by so many spammers? @Flexx @Andy_BD @Alex D. any one of you guys please take care of these spammers or delete this thread if possible. I hope this is resolved ASAP.

• Flexx

Hi Member,

The issue has been reported to the administrator. Either their comments will be deleted or their accounts will get banned. There is presently no way to counteract spammer than to find one and report it to administrator. I hope bitdefender administrator (@Andy_BD) or bitdefender staff (@Alex D.) to block the creation of accounts on the forum via any disposable email available on the web. This may help to certain extent.

Regards

Flex

• Andy_BD
    Andy_BD ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Thanks for bringing this up to our attention!

However, there's an easier way of doing this.

This will save everyone time and make this process more streamlined for all.

Use the Flag -> Spam button

This will direct the comments and discussions to a moderation queue which I check 2-3 times a week and clean up.

Cheers!

• Flexx

• Kendra
    edited November 2021

Hello all, my question says it all. I can run the installation before installing BitDefender Total Security, but after installing Total Security I'll not be able to install the program or update the program as well. Have tried including the setup file in the exception list, but none worked. I do not even get any notification as to what is being blocked. I have also included the event log as well. Also noticed that XorEncryptFST.dll is causing the crash. Is there a workaround for this? Any help would be appreciated.

--deleted link--

• Hello,

Anything in Bitdefender's logs about it? Anything in quarantine?

Does the installer still fail if you disable protection or exit Bitdefender?

• > @Kendra said:
    > Hello all, my question says it all. I can run the installation before installing BitDefender Total Security, but after installing Total Security I'll not be able to install the program or update the program as well. Have tried including the setup file in the exception list, but none worked. I do not even get any notification <a href="https://www.mybalancenow.run/">My Balance Now</a> as to what is being blocked. I have also included the event log as well. Also noticed that XorEncryptFST.dll is causing the crash. Is there a workaround for this? Any help would be appreciated.
    > JCPenneyKiosk

Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread.
  • > @Kendra said:
    > Hello all, my question says it all. I can run the installation before installing BitDefender Total Security, but after installing Total Security I'll not be able to install the program or update the program as well. Have tried including the setup file in the exception list, but none worked. I do not even get any notification as to what is being blocked. I have also included the event log as well. Also noticed that XorEncryptFST.dll is causing the crash. Is there a workaround for this? Any help would be appreciated. https://www.mybalancenow.run/

Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread.
  • > @Ravz said:
    > Hello all, my question says it all. I can run the installation before installing BD Total Security, but after installing Total Security I'll not be able to install the program or update the program as well. Have tried including the setup file in the exception list, but none worked. I do not even get any notification as to what is being blocked. I have also included the event log as well. Also noticed that XorEncryptFST.dll is causing the crash. Is there a workaround for this? Any help would be appreciated.

That seems weird. I don't use pot player my self any more [url=https://www.crediblebh.vip/]crediblebh[/url]. Try using media player classic with mad vr installed. That's what I use. Imo better media player. As far as AV stopping it I'm not sure to be honest.