Bitdefender Firewall blocking Minecraft Dungeons

Greetings,

For the first time in years I have run into an issue with Bitdefender.

It seems that the firewall is blocking something in Minecraft Dungeons.

I have tried adding the exes for the game:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Lovika_1.4.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Dungeons.exe
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Lovika_1.4.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Dungeons\Binaries\Win64\Dungeons.exe

But Bitdefender gives the following error message:

Invalid Application Path

I suspect the issue is with the WindowsApps directory as I can't see any other reason for the paths to be invalid.

If anyone knows of a work around (that isn't to simply turn off the firewall) I would be extremely grateful!

In any ways, thanks for reading!

Tagged:

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

Instead of disabling the firewall you can add an exception of the game in the firewall and set it to allow.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13425/

Hope this helps.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• As mentioned in my original post, I can't add the game in the firewall as it gives me the "Invalid Application Path" error message.

• Son_Of_Diablo
    edited October 2020

Just an update.

I have done some digging and it seems to be an issue with games installed with the Xbox App.

For some reason I don't have any permissions on files installed from the Xbox App, even if I go to Properties>Security>Advanced it shows the owner as "Unable to display current owner.".

So seems that the issue isn't with Bitdefender, but actually the Xbox App.

I have submitted a new Feedback post to the Microsoft Feedback Hub on the issue.

• This is not an Xbox app issue. A user should not have to have permission to a file to block or allow it in the firewall. MS is not going to give you access, they are protecting their GamePass games from alteration and piracy. Sucks for modders but is the price for using the platform.

Bitdefender can tell what app wants to get through the firewall, so it should be able to store a rule for it. This is a Bitdefender issue.

My problem is Xbox games now constantly ask for permission for every packet they try to send because I can't make a rule due to the 'Invalid application path' issue.