Offline download of Bitdefender 2020 installation\signature\update files

Hi there,

I recently bought the Bitdefender 2020 multi-device subscription and am planning to use one of the licenses for my mother-in-law's computer.

As she lives in an aged care facility which only has ADSL2+, the download speed\connectivity is expected to be very slow and it would therefore take ages to download\install\configure Bitdefender 2020 on her computer.

Accordingly, I would like to download the Bitdefender 2020 installation, signature and latest updates files on a USB stick so that I can install Bitdefender 2020 using this approach instead.

If yes, what is the URL where I can find the Bitdefender 2020 installation file(s) as well as signature file(s)?

Many thanks in advance.

Michael

Answers

• Hello @Michael_J ,

Bitdefender no longer provide offline installer on their office sites. But some third party sites provide the offline installer. You can get it from here: https://www.dealarious.com/blog/bitdefender-2020-offline-installer-kit/

Offline Update File: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/10690/

If you find my response helpful, please mark it as accepted/agree.

Thanks and regards,

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited June 2020

@Michael_J

As the co-community member has provided you with all the required information above, I would like to add here by quoting that you will only get offline installer for bitdefender total security, there is no offline installer for other version of bitdefender products.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Good Day to all,

I know this thread is a few month old, but I don't want to start a new one for the same subject. I must say, I find it really odd that Bitdefender is not offering offline installers anymore. Why? Avira does it, for the reason above aswell as for security issues. I'm old, and in former times if you de- and reinstalled an antivirus program, we were supposed to disconnect our internet connection (or simply the cable) to avoid infections whilst the av is installed. I remember especially the Lovesan Worm in 2002/2003, which made your pc shutdown in 60 seconds if you didn't know how to avoid it. And it was rather harmless. Having a pc connected to the internet without proper protection seems to me a no-go, sorry. I (and probably a lot more senseful people) therefore would appreciate it if there would be an offline installer.

Best Regards,

Ladyhawke

• Flexx

Hi Member,

The installer available on the bitdefender websites are all online based. If you will dig a little deeper, the only offline installer available is for bitdefender total security and that is fine, since bitdefender total security comprises of all the features of its predecessor plus more.

Well as you gave an example of Avira offering an offline installer, there is another vendor Kaspersky which does not offer an offline installer and is totally limited to online installer. So it is totally dependent on the company whether to provide offline installer or online installer or both.

Bitdefender discontinued the availability of offline installer after 2018 line of products. But as known it continues to provide offline installer for only bitdefender total security.

Bitdefender total security offline installer :

32 bit : https://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/connect/cl/2021/all/bitdefender_ts_25_32b.exe

64 bit : https://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/connect/cl/2021/all/bitdefender_ts_25_64b.exe

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

• Dear Flexx,

thanks for your fast answer. Does your explanation mean I can use the total security offline installer to install BD Internet Security on our pc's? That would be great. And, sorry - but that Kaspersky & Co. isn't offering an offline installer doesn't make it right, right? It's like jumping out of a plane with a disabled parachute for five minutes and only hoping, that nothing bad happens til it works. Thats at least my opinion, sorry.

Nevertheless, thank you so much for your help!

Best regards,

Ladyhawke

• Flexx
    edited October 2020

Hi Member,

I understand your concern for having a need of an offline installer. In some circumstances it may be beneficial. You are always welcomed to drop a feedback to support team at bitsy@bitdefender.com and they will share your feedback with the development team. At last, the decision has to be taken by the development team.

Additionally the name kaspersky was framed because you framed the name of avira as of providing the offline installer.

If I talk about avira which you initially mentioned in your post, if you will download any avira software from their respective website, it also downloads the online installer only. Also, below is the post from avira forum, where the user asked for avira offline installer and the staff has quoted that there is no offline installer and it shall not be available in the future also.

Not only AV vendors, but also other software vendors do not accompany their software to be downloaded from any 3rd party websites, even if they are providing the offline installer of their software. They may contain malware and you already seem to be very actively knowing about these stuffs.

Regards

Flex