how do I close my Bitdefender account

tired
tired
edited January 2022 in Central & Subscriptions

have spent 4 hours, yes 4 hours, going round and round.

Had 2 emails from Bitdefender inviting me to renew my "account" which i didn't know i had, at a cheaper price. Seems i am in the auto renewal trap for a product I haven't installed on any product, so haven't used.

There is no address on the bitdefender website. I tried the "email" option, filled in all the boxes, even completed the "I am not a robot" procedure, even though it was not in English and i could not recognise the language, got a tick, good, tried "send". It didn't work.

Now with Community, even that was hard to join. it seems my chosen name "Exasperated" had already been used.Why am I not surprised.

Please i need help. I am 85 years old. I am tired.

It seems likely that a year ago? I pressed a button and "subscribed" to Total Security, except I didn't. It hasn't been activated on my MacBook, my iPhone or my iPhone. I use Norton. Now a year later? I am invited to save money by rejoining Bitdefender now.

Yes, I did find a note in my password record sheet, of bitdefender with an obsolete email address and a password. These I have used to open my "account", except it has no information about when i "joined" and how much I paid. I haven't be able to find any credit card debit or Standing Order in my home accounts.

The email routine did not work, the "I am not a robot" routine was in Russian?

In exasperation, as i can't find any way of reaching an address I can write to, or a real person at Bitdefender, I have joined your Community.Please, please, HELP.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com regarding your query .They will reply back asap.

I am also tagging bitdefender staff member so that they can have a look into this : @Andy_BD, @Alex D.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hi there,

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your troubles, @tired

I've forwarded your request to one of our support agents and they should contact you about this issue via email soon.

Thank you.

• please close my account, im 75 years and this is awful they will not let you cancel, but you either my account now or I shut off my card , 1 day notice

• Hello @gene masters,

Kindly be advised that us admins and community members cannot cancel your Bitdefender account on the forum.

You can delete your Central account by following the steps from this article:

You may cancel any subscription from Bitdefender Central before deleting your account, or by contacting Customer Support at: cancel@bitdefender.com.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user