Strange new message before booting Windows 10

Hello everybody, I'm having a quick question about Bitdefender. Since last week, I always get this message right before my PC is booting Windows: "Your security solution is cleaning your device from threats. The cleaning process finished successfully!"

Is this something new or do you think I have a security problem on my pc?

Tagged:

Comments

• Same here! Very few entries in www with no apparent solutions/clarifications.

Boot scan of Bitdefender in rescue mode reports no issues.

Hope someone from support will handle this before more of raised eyebrows..

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited November 2020

Hi Member

When files that are currently used by the system that are considered malicious by bitdefender are unable to get deleted or quarantined, then a boot time cleaning is scheduled to get rid of those threats. I have myself faced this issue many times & this is normal. But that being said, it should not happen on every restart.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Since the last Windows update (I think) I am having the same issue every time I turn my PC on. It basically doubles my boot time and it becomes quite annoying, to the point where I'm considering switching AV providers.

• Sedaris
    Sedaris
    edited November 2020

Yeah, you could be right with update theory. After I couldn't fix the problem I reinstalled my Windows and for nearly 1 week it was okay. Well, today it's back without any change of the system. Also on my notebook, which was shutdown for more than 3 weeks, I found the same problem after the next restart.

@Flexx If that's the reason, then I hope we soon get a new update in which Bit Defender isn't so hypersensitive. It now detects threats behind every corner. Files which weren't a problems get in quarantine. Yesterday it even quarantined 2 .exe I used for months without a problem.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited November 2020

Well if it is detecting the file at every possible end, then that is not the problem at product development team end, that might be the issue at malware research team end who create detection against malware. If you think any sample is incorrectly detected, kindly share the sample with malware research team through online forum (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/40673/) and if the sample is indeed incorrectly detected, detection will be removed in maximum of 72 hours and if the detection stays past 72 hours, then you should assume that file is considered as malicious by malware research team and detection will stay.

If possible, kindly share the virustotal link for the detected samples.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Sedaris
    Sedaris
    edited November 2020

Thx for the quick responds, should Bit Defender but it again in quarantine, I will post it to there.

• z><i>ilas