Mac anti-virus keeps wanting to reboot

Since this morning, Bitdefender AV for Mac on my MacBook pro (intel) running Big Sur 11.0.1 keeps wanting to upgrade/reboot. It went to v8.3.something then back to 8.2.2.9 and now wants to upgrade again.

It was amusing the first 3 or 4 times......

How do I stop this ?

Comments

• P. Kleine
    P. Kleine ✭✭
    edited November 2020

Having the same issue. Same question. The main screen asks you to reboot. Vesions numbers are: 8.2.2.9 and 8.3.0.8. It's constant switching between these two versions.

• Having the same problem on my Mac, running macOS Big Sur V11.0.0, and Bitdefender V 8.2.2.9. Would really like a fix for this. Rebooted the Mac 5-6 times yesterday morning, once in the afternoon, again this morning, and a new notice saying a reboot is required popped up again.

• Same problem here!

• Exactly the same here, past three days. Big Sur 11.0.1, Bitdefender 8.2.2.9

• Got today the following answer form support:

I have looked into the case and it seems that the situation is caused by an issue which has already been acknowledged by our development team. We are currently working on a fix which will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end.

I will get back to you with an update regarding the fix as soon as we have one.

• Same issue with appears to be the update, i.e. V8.3.08 Does anyone know where to find the release notes for this software?

• Experiencing the same Issue after upgrading to version 8.3.0.8 on macOS Big Sur. Additionally, the application will also show my subscription as expired after restarting my MacBook. I literally just renewed this past weekend. I've uninstalled Bitdefender 8.3.0.8 from my laptop. I won't reinstall it until this issue is fixed.

• I also have the same problem with version 8.3.0.8.. When will this be fix???

• Dec 1st, saw the restart to update now I've been going back and forth between 8.2.2.9 and 8.3.0.8. Looks like the problem started on the 28th according to this thread I hope this is resolved soon as I have 30 Macs that are running this software.

• Same problem started today. Big Sur 11.0.1. Toggling between 8.2.2.9 and 8.3.0.8. Currently wants me to reboot. Just not doing it right now.

Someone got a response from support that said "We are currently working on a fix which will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end."

Fine, how am I supposed to know this is the new corrected update instead of just toggling to 8.3.0.8 again.

• Looks like it's fixed. Tried on two Macs both rebooted back to old version then updated to new version no further requests to restart. Now I hope this version fixes the Trafficlight bug. We shall see.