BitDefender slows down my download speed that it is measured in kilobytes

Title said it all. My download speed is literally measured in kilobytes while BitDefender is active, as soon as I turn off the protection shield it comes right up.

I tried reinstalling BitDefender and even reinstalled Windows but nothing changed (also reinstalled/updated my wificard drivers, this problem happens with the internet cable plugged in aswell).

The thing is that if I disable Windows firewall entirely half of my download speed comes back. What should I do? P.S. I am using BitDefender free edition with a fully up to date Windows 10 copy

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

I cannot reproduce the issue on my another system that has the free version installed. And even if you will drop an email to bitdefender support, they will redirect you to forum since the support does not provide any help in regards to free version. Help for only paid version is provided by bitdefender support.

The best thing I can do is to tag bitdefender staff that are available in the forum to see if they can help you out.

@Alex D., @Andy_BD

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• @Flexx so basically I'm stuck.... I think I might start searching for alternatives of this is still not fixed by new year...