Windows 7 support

Hi,

Any idea how long Bitdefender will continue to support Windows 7?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hello /index.php?/profile/20632-dakotajoe/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="20632" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/20632-dakotajoe/" rel="">@dakotajoe,

Microsoft’s official EOL date for Windows 7 is January 14th, 2020. Once this rolls out, systems still running Windows 7 will no longer receive vulnerability and exploit patches and as such we can no longer ensure protection on these systems. We strongly recommend upgrading your operating system by then.

• Actually, Microsoft is offering extended security updates for small businesses until January 2023.  So I repeat my question:  how long is Bitdefender planning to support Win 7?  Thanks.

• [Deleted User]
    edited January 2020

Hello /index.php?/profile/20632-dakotajoe/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="20632" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/20632-dakotajoe/" rel="">@dakotajoe,

As of January 14th 2020, Microsoft announced its end of support for Windows 7. The operating system accounts for an estimated 25% of used Windows desktop versions. This means Windows 7 users will no longer receive security updates, leaving them susceptible to malware exploiting vulnerabilities that will remain unpatched.

This is part of Microsoft’s ongoing effort to migrate users to newer OS versions, featuring modern technologies for security and usability.

For businesses and organizations that still rely on Windows 7, Microsoft will continue to offer extended security updates.

Bitdefender understands the difficulties and security challenges users face, and we aim to ensure that we do everything we can to help users remain protected throughout software changeovers.

Bitdefender will continue to provide antimalware support to Windows 7 users for the next 24 months. Please check our Bitdefender End of Life Policy page for updates on when we will stop providing support for Windows operating systems.

To fully benefit from the latest security technologies, Bitdefender recommends existing Microsoft Windows 7 customers migrate to the latest supported version of an OS as soon as possible.

• Thanks, Alex!

• Murphy
    Murphy
    edited December 2021

Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue. Bumped into your thread. Thanks for creating it.

• I have looked for the answer on google and it says "Bitdefender will continue to provide antimalware support to Windows 7 users for the next 24 months"