Having a problem with Bitdefender Firewall and mysql 3306 port

Hello,

I am trying to access a sql remote database to run a query. The query code is correct and has been reviewed

However, after a long wait, I am getting the following response (excerpts are below):

TimeoutError: [WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\User\PycharmProjects\Project1\newapp.py", line 8, in <module>

connection_timeout=300,

mysql.connector.errors.InterfaceError: 2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'X' (10060 A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond)

Someone involved with the database, had a look at this and told me:

"!I just now test-connected to the remote server and it was fine for me. So the problem is surely that your connection is being blocked.

Maybe by a firewall app on your computer. If so, then please google this: firewall mysql 3306 port"

I have Bitdefender Total Security, the latest version. Please could you let me know how to allow the 3306 port so I can access the remote SQL database.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• MJX
    MJX ✭✭✭

Hi Rahul2022,

Click on protection --> Firewall Settings --> Rules. Then add rule. Go to advanced settings and toggel the "custom" local address. You can put the IP of your computer and the port. If you use DHCP try localhost or 127.0.0.1 as the address. This is the loopback and depending on your database config you maybe using the loopback.

Good Luck