Dropbox error after Big Sur MAC operating system installed

PhotoJenic54
edited January 2022 in General Topics

Dropbox will no longer load since the Big Sur operating system was installed on my Mac mini. I saw that Bitdefender anti-ransomware blocked Dropbox, but I don't see where I can change this.

Anyone know of a fix for this?

Thanks.

Jennifer

Comments

• Open Main Window for Bitdefender Antivirus click on Protection> Safe Files>Anti-Ransomware> Application Access. You can add applications to the list, When you add an application be sure to select Allow (on the right side) of the list. All of that said, I am experiencing an issue in which adding an application works briefly and then the added application(s) disappear and must be added again. As a result I have turned off the Anti-Ransomware capability as it precludes the use of Dropbox and Hazel. I have brought this issue to the attention of Bitdefender.

• I have had this problem on and off for two years. I have reported it several times, and they fixed it once, but a year later it recurred and I reported it again.

I gave up and put Dropbox in the excluded directories to solve the problem and protect the rest.