Struggling to setup Bitdefender

John7
John7
edited January 2022 in General Topics

I have been using PC’s for over 30years and used antivirus programs for most of the time. I am also dyslexic so sorry for odd spellings at times.

Currently I have Norton installed but needed to change my wireless network and was recommended a Netgear setup. Thus came into the world od Bitdefender.  To see if it was worthy the high cost of a Netgear Armour payment have set Bitdefender up on one PC and have more problems than with any other security program. I have overcome most of them but would like advice on what I have done and how to see if its going to be worth keeping it on and installing on the other laptops etc.

Initially all the printers, laptops and Orbi units all were blocked or treated as threats. They all had to add all under Manage Exceptions.  But I don’t know which is best to use to add them, IP address unless fixed isn’t very good, so I have been using Mac address is this right?

The other problems have been a Windows  Flash update keeps coming u, clearly rejected by W10 update now.  Under Disk Clean-up a large Outlook archive pst Is shown as unneeded. These two I am told are fixed in a 25 update, but I am using Netgear Armour and now told this will be updated at some stage. How long a gap is there in problems being sorted between the different versions?

Comments

• Netgear Armor and Bitdefender whatever security are two different applications delivered by the same BDdef.

I encountered a lot of problems since I bought, saying one of the latest Netgear routers, that have embedded the Armor security designed by BDef, Now I know that I've got a lot of problems for a lot of money. And Netgear AX class is not ready for WiFi 6E.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Netgear Armor powered by Bitdefender is a new cyber security solution available on selected Netgear routers, developed in partnership with Bitdefender. It actively detects and protects Internet-connected devices from cyber threats such as viruses, spyware, hackers, spam, and phishing. Similar to the 1st generation of Bitdefender BOX, it features vulnerability assessment, safe surfing & dynamic URL blocking, intelligent device management & alerts, and endpoint protection through Bitdefender Total Security.

It is convenient for customers who already own a compatible Netgear router and are looking to protect their smart home environment against intrusions without purchasing another piece of equipment. For more information about this, you can visit https://www.bitdefender.com/netgear/

BOX 2 has some new security features like Exploit prevention, Anomaly detection, Sensitive data protection, Brute-Force prevention that aren't yet implemented into Netgear routers but will be at a later time. Also, not all Netgear routers will have BOX technology embedded into them, only a selected range.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)