Web Protection icons not working in Chrome

I have Bitdefender Total Security on my Windows PC and the Web Protection (search advisor) is not working. Using the Bing search engine it works only sporadically. What should I do to get it functioning or should I download the free BitdefenderTrafficLight? Is it the Google & Microsoft updates that interfere with it’ functionality?

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

As of present, everything is working as it should be.

If the issue still persists, kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com with the screenshot of the same and they will reply back in maximum of 72 hours.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Flexx, it is not working; support states it's a known issue with no ETA for a fix. Hasn't been working correctly since October.

• Search Advisor still does not work with Google. (Works with Bing though - tested again today with latest versions of Edge, Chrome, and FireFox)

I've tried installing/unsintalling TrafflicLight, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Bitdefender Total Security, went through all of the settings. Search Advisor simply does not work with Google.

Bitdefender Total Security - Build 25.0.14.58 / Engine Version 7.87743

Windows 10 Pro64-bit Version 20H2 / OS build 19042.844

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz  / RAM 32.0 GB

Using Bitdefender Total Security. Paying BD customer since 2012

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Well, bitdefender support is the last and only way that can allow your query to be shared with development team. So, if they have replied you back with the stated answer, there is nothing more that can be done.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)