Parental control doesn't work

Hello.

I installed BD Total Sec. 2018 on my notebook (win7 pro). I created a child account, normal windows account, not admin.

I created child profile on BD Central and selected the windows child account on the device.

So, no activity is reported, not log of sites opened and, if I try to open a pr0n site....it works :wacko:

some ideas?

regards

Stefano

PS: I've the same problem when I install BD Antivirus and Parental Advisor on an android tablet

SNAPSHOT_ 03-Sep-17_114.jpg

SNAPSHOT_ 03-Sep-17_116.jpg

SNAPSHOT_ 03-Sep-17_115.jpg

Comments

• Parental control has not worked properly for me since 2018. Not blocking on schedule or blocking incorrectly on schedule. Has not worked properly for me for 2 years now. Finding that the screen time schedules seem to work on Android (for now at least) but are ignored on Windows machines. The only solution by support is to delete your profiles and recreate. NOT a solution. This does not fix it and your application history is gone for application blocking for the kids - so you have to wait until the application list is populated again for the device before you can block the applications you require blocked.

I'm just sorry that I renewed my BitDefender subscription. BitDefender should look at buying someone like Qustodio to get their Parental Control working properly.

Disgruntled Parental Control user.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Kindly have a look at below website by bitdefender support related to Parental Control.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/25654/

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/3655/

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1518/

If you are still facing the issue. Kindly create a support ticket with bitdefender support at https://www.bitdefender.com/support/contact-us.html or drop an email to bitsy@bitdefender.com

Kindly note due to covid19, replies may be delayed.

If this helps, kindly click on agree

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• It worked just one day after installation. Not working at all now. No Screen time reports, no email reports. Absolutely nothing, just like it was not installed. (but it is)

• Same for me on my kid's mobile, I thought I'm an idiot and not disallowed energy saver for parental control or not give them the needed rights and even accused my kid that he did something to disallow logging (shame on me). When I set it up, it works for a day maybe two (android) and after that, zero-logging. As I see Bitdefender team totally give a shit to fix this for two years, so I do not renew my subscription in February for 2 more years (family account) and search for another solution.

• I also installed Bitdefender on my child's 2 devices. My older child just informed me that my younger one was able to disconnect Bitdefender from their tablet it so now it is a free for all. I checked and not only is it gone from her tablet it doesn't even show in my account that there is something wrong on the tablet end.

Overall the App also decides when it will work and not work. I noticed an app that was constantly being used and I checked and it showed 'Blocked' at my end. On their Android they had a field day. It took me numerous times to restart phone, close app, unclick, re-click etc.

VERY UNRELIABLE!

• It was working fine a week ago, today it stopped working all together, I couldn't perform the following:

1. Add sites to to allow list (they would still say blocked.
    2. I tried to pause the activity, site still blocked,
    3. Enabled all the categories still not working properly.
    4. Unassigned from device, still blocking site that I tried to allow.
    5. Rebooted pc, same issue.

Resolved it by uninstalling parental control from add/remove programs. I'm going to look into content control instead of parental control, perhaps its more reliable.

• I was so happy to have Bitdefender to parental control my kid during his remote learning. The parental control function has never worked properly. It seems like you are rolling a dice to wish it works as you want. You'll never know when it works well or has no response at all. Now I'm just hoping expiration comes sooner. I'm sure I won't renew their services unless they fix.

• I was hoping that at some point a product update would stop Bitdefender Parental Control from working so erratically. As per today I can only confirm that "like rolling a dice" continues to be the most appropriate description for this software reliability. This comment relates to Windows 10 installations.
    I was happy to see this add-on in the first place... But unfortunately it continues to disappoint as one of the few "essential add-ons" I wanted to use of the Bitdefender package. Can´t be too hard to fix this, but as it seems the priority at Bitdefender for that is near zero.