Children with own accounts / multiple PC's

I think I already know the answer to this, but I want clarification.  I have two PC's each having an account for each of my children.  In parental controls; my only option is to assign one child's profile to a single device?  I cannot assign each profile to a different account on each PC?

Tagged:
1 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Hello CGrace,

You can assign only one profile to a single device. If you assign the Parental Profile with the second Profile, the Parental Profile will now be assigned to the second profile.

• That is really a shame... Came on this forum to find this answer, and it really is a step back from our current Parental Controls where when we have a family PC, kids are logging in with individual  accounts - and the parents accounts don't want restricting.

• I totaly agree. We also share devices with our kids and the parents. There should be a way to handle this.

Stephan

• Hello everyone,

Currently this request has been submitted to our development team and is being taken into consideration for our future updates. 

Thank you for your feedback!

• Hi, I'd like to know if is there an evolution to this topic. I'm too interested in being able to track my kids across devices, using their own accounts they have in each windows notebook. Thanks!

• This is all possible to set up using a child account, which you can then manage in a number of ways through the family settings in your Microsoft account. Using these tools, you can review reports of your Talk To Sonic children's online activities or limit the time they can spend in front of Windows 10 devices. You can also restrict age and screen time for apps and games, and can make sure they don't end up visiting websites that aren't suitable for them.

• Any movement on this? I moved to Norton 360 last year because of the problem but would like to move back (Norton's is ok but I had to set their alerts as spam it is so 'talky').

• I've just bought family licence because it was obvious for me that in XXI century people have more than one child and share one computer with them. Really it is not supported? LOL

• @Alex D. Do you know how close they are to delivering this feature?

• Any progress, workaround? Still not available and really blocks the usage of this feature.

• Aaron42
    Aaron42
    edited January 2023

You are not wrong buddy. As you said every parents are facing this issue.

• On Windows 10, you can add multiple accounts to share a device with other family members. ... This is all possible to set up using a child account, which you can then manage in a .

• On Windows 10, you can add multiple accounts to share a device with other family members. ... This is all possible to set up using a child account, which you can then manage in a ... Click the Only save files to this PC option.

• I have just bought Bitdefender for the first time with the expectation that something as obvious as allowing multiple users to use the same device (each with their own logon) would be possible. I'm not sure I'll be renewing Bitdefender next year knowing that this isn't possible. The parental controls are of limited use to me without being able to monitor different kids that use the same computer.

Please fix this a.s.a.p!

• Snarfster
    edited January 2022

This is really a must have. Any ETA on this, or will I be forced to change to a product that does offer this functionality?

I'd rather not since I am quite pleased with the other functionality, but this is something I really need with three sons sharing time between my and my ex's house.

• Can't believe this oversight. Just moved over from Kaspersky and signed up for a 5 device/1 year sub. the parental controls were part of this decision process, it never even occurred to me that it would only work 1 child per device.

Oh well, didn't pay too much and I've got a year to think about what to move to next.

*smh*

• With such a limitation, the "parental controls" feature looks like a marketing joke...

Please enable the possibility that multiple kids access a same computer using their own account. Thanks.

Regards

• koti6098
    koti6098
    edited January 2023

Hi Development Team,

What's the status on this request?

What's the request no. reference, for tracking purposes?

Regards

Hi @Alexandru_BD

What's your view on this matter? Parental Control/Several Child profiles on the same device? When can we get this feature?

Thanks

• Hello,

I will ask for an update on this feature request. I can't tell if multiple profiles will be available in Parental Control in the near future, but our product teams are currently working on the multi-user feature for the Password Manager and development resources are focused in this direction.

I think this is something worth doing, but it's not my call to make 😁

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I hope you guys consider it, the lack of this feature is why I didn't renew my subscription.

• November 2019:

"Currently this request has been submitted to our development team and is being taken into consideration for our future updates"

Indeed I hope you guys consider it, the lack of this feature is why I didn't renew my subscription. (+1)