MP3Studio YouTube Downloader updater flagged

I believe that I got MP3Studio from "https://mp3.studio/youtube-downloader" and purchased it a little while back. I've had it for a month or so now and fairly certain that before I first installed it I scanned it with Bitdefender, but now it suddenly is getting flagged and quarantined, I believe when it is trying to update.

Is this a false flag and I can safely un-quarantine? Or do I need to uninstall this software?

Comments

• Adarajin
    Adarajin
    edited April 2021

Anyone know if this is a false flag or?.... Bitdefender is now kicking me out of the program whenever I try to do anything, even something as benign as merely viewing settings or the 'about' popup links.

Also, I just noticed that I appear to have chosen the wrong category for filing this - I'm using the "Bitdefender Internet Security" version of the program, not the free edition.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

The latest available setup file is not detected by any of the vendor including bitdefender. Below is the virustotal link.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/043cf9c0bfbd5c55678eddc6aa8f42c027001244078be070d9fbe5cd020ccf20/detection

If any of the file is getting quarantined, kindly share the virustotal link of the same or share the sample.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• I'm not certain what you mean by the "virustotal link" or what sample you are looking for - below is a copy/paste of the alerts in Bitdefender when I went to try and view what happened.

=================

Advanced Threat Defense

Application MP3StudioDownloader.exe has been detected as potentially malicious and was blocked. Application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\MP3Studio YouTube Downloader\MP3StudioDownloader.exe Command line parameters: "C:\Program Files (x86)\MP3Studio YouTube Downloader\MP3StudioDownloader.exe" Detection ID: SuspiciousBehavior.78192C7A4C3255D8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Advanced Threat Defense

Bitdefender detected potentially malicious behavior and blocked all applications involved. Detection ID: SuspiciousBehavior.78192C7A7B8AD583

=================

I'll be back in about half an hour to check for a response, otherwise I'll have to get back to you tomorrow - I appreciate your help :-)

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

As checked, the detection SuspiciousBehavior.78192C7A4C3255D8 is not a signature based detection (created by malware researchers) & is basically a heuristic detection. To resolve this issue you will have to share the sample to malware researchers in order to get it checked. There are two ways to approach malware research team.

Since the detection is a heuristic based detection and not signature based, you should share the exact software sample and the issue you are facing with bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com and ask them to share the same with malware researchers.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)