Conflict between Bitdefender Webcam Protection and Zoom

Hello,

Yesterday I tried to use Zoom as I have done for months using a Logitech C290 webcam

. I seem to recall Bitdefender installing an update in the last couple of days. I have a DELL 13 XPS running Windows 10 and latest version of Bitdefender installed. Suddenly when trying to open and host a Zoom meeting, the app would freeze and not allow access to any camera settings. I tried re-installing Zoom, rebooting everything etc, sending Zoom inc the DMP files. Eventually, under Zoom's support instructions I disabled the Webcam Protection in Bitdefender and now Zoom will access my own laptop camera without a problem but not the Logitech C290 webcam being used.

Does anyone know why there is suddenly this conflict between Bitdefender and Zoom?

Comments

• I saw this too. What I found is that if you go into BitDefender and check the WebCame Exception List, Skype, Zoom, Teams, etc. are all listed as allowed, and they do work, until you try to make a call or join a meeting. If you disable WebCam Protection, the calls/meetings working fine. I had this issue across 3 computers.

• Same problem here. Had to disable WebCam protection to allow Zoom to work with the external cam. Same external cam as OP. Laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad 14s) internal cam works.

• [{"insert":"I also had the same problem. This morning, I had an update for Bitdefender, and I installed it and restarted. Once, I did, I was able to start a Zoom meeting.\n"}]
  • Up2right
    Up2right
    edited May 2021
    I am still having problems after turning off webcam protection. Can't use zoom. Plus it is so chatty - keeps telling me to use VPN. I am really tired and its only been 3 days. How do I get my money back? Who can I talk to. Thanks.
  • How do I disable Webcam Protection feature? It is not listed anywhere in my settings.