Is Bitdefender a virus? / Uninstalling VPN not possible

Anduain
Anduain
edited January 2022 in VPN
Perhaps not a virus but certainly a product with dubious credentials. I've a Total Security subscription on the Mac and generally satisfied. It's average software but overly complex to do some simple tasks.

However, I am sick and tired of deinstalling VPN only for it to reappear and then offer to subscribe. This is not good practice in my view, the software is installing software without my approval and who knows what else.

Deinstalling, obviously as per above, doesn't work.

Before I claim a full refund for my Total Security subscription, does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• I have the exact same issue. There are other threads on this; it seems they know about this and don't care. I'm moving to Intego.
  • Thanks, I'll look at Intego too!
  • Hi! I just bacame a member and stumbuled on this. I use windows though...
    If you have anything similar to "services" or "computer management", if you do look for services from Bitdefender that runs with startup and stop and delete it.
  • Yes and then you reboot and it's back unfortunately.
  • > @Anduain said:
    > Yes and then you reboot and it's back unfortunately.
    Hi. My operating system is windows and unfortunatelly I don't know the mac settings to help you.
    But please disable bitdefender vpn from starting up at windows starts then I think your problem fixes.
    For windows we have this option on task manager and I disable it and it is not working until I run that manually.
  • Hi there,

is there a solution meanwhile for deinstalling Bitdefender VPN permanently under macOS? I've tried several things, but VPN is always coming up again without asking for any (Admin-)passwords or something. There have to be some files to delete or some terminal commands to type in to stop this annoying behavior.

Do you know something else?

Thank you for your help!