Bitdefender Free - startup time of the "B" icon in the taskbar

Nunzio77
Nunzio77 mod
edited May 2021 in Antivirus
Hello everybody,
I hope that with the next release the startup time of the "B" icon in the system tray (bottom right next to the clock) will be reduced, after switching on or restarting the PC.

At the moment it takes more or less 2 to 3 minutes to appear

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

Comments

• > @"Nunzio d'Abbruzzo" said:
    > Hello everybody,
    > I hope that with the next release the startup time of the "B" icon in the system tray (bottom right next to the clock) will be reduced, after switching on or restarting the PC.
    >
    > At the moment it takes more or less 2 to 3 minutes to appear

Same problem that I think startup time(until showing taskbar icon) is very high in bitdefender total security compare to other product and I think it needs some improvement.
    I use it on ssd and its startup slow on ssd that it is not acceptable.
    I dont count how much time it take to appear its icon but it is nearly very slower than other avs
  • [{"insert":"Hope they will fix with the next release. I don't think it's that difficult to solve ...\n"}]

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Development team hardly works on the free product until there is any major vulnerability or security issue with the product.

The best way is to drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com regarding your feedback and ask them to share it with the development team. In order to get a response back from the development team on your query you will have to stay in touch with the support team on the same email ticket.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• RedsFan
    RedsFan ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    It is set this way
    https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2833/
  • [{"insert":"Thanks!\n"}]

Nunzio ·

• [{"insert":"\n"}]

Nunzio ·

• RedsFan
    RedsFan ✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    What version is it now for BD free ?? still 1.0.21.234 ??
  • [{"insert":{"embed-external":{"data":{"recordID":302030,"recordType":"comment","body":"What version is it now for BD free ?? still 1.0.21.234 ??","bodyRaw":"What version is it now for BD free ?? still 1.0.21.234 ??","format":"text","dateInserted":"2021-05-15T15:47:58+00:00","insertUser":{"userID":216000,"name":"RedsFan","url":"https:\/\/community.bitdefender.com\/en\/profile\/RedsFan","photoUrl":"https:\/\/us.v-cdn.net\/6031943\/uploads\/userpics\/65A5IP3LCQCW\/nZS3VFARV8IY2.jpg","dateLastActive":"2021-05-13T19:29:41+00:00","label":"✭"},"displayOptions":{"showUserLabel":false,"showCompactUserInfo":true,"showDiscussionLink":false,"showPostLink":false,"showCategoryLink":false,"renderFullContent":false,"expandByDefault":false},"url":"https:\/\/community.bitdefender.com\/en\/discussion\/comment\/302030#Comment_302030","embedType":"quote"},"loaderData":{"type":"link","link":"https:\/\/community.bitdefender.com\/en\/discussion\/comment\/302030#Comment_302030"}}}},{"insert":"Yes\n"}]

Nunzio ·

• Flexx

Yes, it's still version 1.0.21.234

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

• When will the new version come out?

Nunzio ·

• Flexx

That is totally up to development team. More focus is on commercial/ paid version rather than free version.

Regards

Flex

• Come vi sembra la nuova versione(xxx.250) di BF Free?

Nunzio ·

• RedsFan
    RedsFan ✭✭✭
    3 days ago installed BD free ( 1.0.21.250 ) and it didn't register in windows securty center, so i was running 2 AV's at the same time (also MS defender) couple restarts didn't solve the problem .... Uninstalled BD again.