Scheduled Scan

Are there any plans to roll out the option to schedule a scan on a routine basis?

I understand that after the initial scan, BD scans everything that comes in and out of my computer. However, it would be nice to have the option to automatically scan once a week/day just to make sure that nothing new popped up that wasn't caught before after the malware signatures update.

Thanks,

Comments

• Stefan I.
    Stefan I.
    edited May 2019

Hi,

No plans currently.

Due to the way our product operates on the OSX platform, implementation for them has been deemed non-necessary.

• Sounds good, thanks for the info.

• I need to be able to change to schedule time of this scan!!!! Currently it scans between 9 and 11 am - that is when I need to use my computer? How can I change the scheduled time

• I have the same issue. I'm trying to work and a scan initiates slowing my computer down to a crawl. It sucks.

• Hello @Doe @TSA ,

This is how you can create and edit a custom scheduled scan task in Bitdefender Windows application.

Please click on agree button below the thread, if you find this response helpful.

How to configure a custom scan with Bitdefender

To configure a custom scan in detail and then run it, follow the steps detailed below:

1. Click on Protection, on the left side bar of the Bitdefender interface.

2. In the ANTIVIRUS pane, click Manage Scans.

3. Click the Create a new task button.

4. In the box next to Task Name, enter a name for the scan.

5. Under Select scan paths, you can choose which folders you want to scan.

6. Click on NEXT.

7. In the new window, you can:

• Choose whether to Scan only applications or not.

• Select the priority of the task:

• Auto

• High

•Low

• Specify the action to be taken if no threats are found.

If you want to configure the scanning options in detail, click on Show advanced options.

When you’re done, click NEXT to save the changes and close the window.

8. If you want to set a schedule for your scan task, use the Schedule switch. Select one of the corresponding options to set a schedule:

• At system startup

• Daily

• Monthly

• Weekly

9. To complete the task you’ve just created, click the Run Scan button next to it.

Depending on the locations to be scanned, the scan may take a while. At the end of the scan, you will be prompted to choose the actions to be taken on the detected files, if any.

If you find this helpful, please click on the agree button.

Thanks and regards,

• I find it hard to believe that the program doesn't allow you to change the time of the daily scan without requiring you to go through a complete scan before the new scheduled time takes effect.

• Great q&a site. Appreciate the information on setting a time for a scan, although since the program scans everything that doesn't seem necessary for a light business.

Thanks.

• None of the above is even showing when i open antivirus. I click on protection and its a completely different layout! ie. No manage scans feature and no protection features list :-(

• Thanks for the info.

Same problem here (Mac). From the explanation, it seems it only works for Windows. Changing to another AV that is more Mac friendly.

• Same problem here (Mac). From the explanation, it seems it only works for Windows. Changing to another AV.

• This is a major issue with my PC, in the mornings when I start my system before work I have a very limited time to quickly complete some tasks. However, all the sudden the computer slows to a crawl, I soon realize yet again that this is the time Bitdefender decides to do it's massive scan. I used to think it was my new internet connection, but have wised up. This all said, I have found no way to alter when it scans. The computer is on most the day, it could scan at many other times. I will not be renewing my subscription to this product which I thought would be better than the others because of this aggravating issue if I can't remedy this annoying issue. Bitdefender, you need to address this problem or you will lose customers, one by one. 😰