One Click Optimizer

Recently the Optimizer is not clearing my junk files. The files are located in AppData/Local/Temp/_MEI117042. It says the files are in use. When I go to the directory all the files have today's date. Why are updating if they're Temp files. I've never had this issue in the past. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Some temporary files are constantly required by the system (irrespective of date they are created) and they cannot be deleted either manually or by any other software.

If you really want to delete those temp files, then you will have to boot into safe mode (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234)and then delete the files manually which will aid in successful deletion of those file. But note that, once you will again boot back in normal mode, chances are the temporary files will get recreated since they are needed by the system, background processes or any other application that you may or maynot run.

You cannot always clear 100% of your temp folder when you are boot up in the normal mode.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Thanks for the information!
  • :( One Click Optimizer doesn`t work. it starts, but stay at 0% in the first raw.