Website Exclusions Feature Badly Broken

rconiv
rconiv
edited January 2022 in General Topics
I have tried all sorts of variants of *.website to allow a website, and all its variants to work, and most of the time, it keeps blocking it, even when I put in the exact website. I have done https://*.website.com https://*website.com *.website.com *.website.com/*, and the only one that kind of works is *.website.com, but it only allows the main page, if it tries to go to a subpage, that is blocked. I sent in a ticket again, it seems like every time I need to setup an exception, I have to email them to find out what the secret squirrel magic combination is.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

If you have already raised a ticket with bitdefender support, you will have to wait for the reply due to increase in number of tickets the support staff receives everyday.

@Andy_BD, @Alex D. kindly have a look !

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• > @Flexx said:
    > If you have already raised a ticket with bitdefender support, you will have to wait for the reply due to increase in number of tickets the support staff receives everyday.
    > @Andy_BD, @Alex D. kindly have a look !
    > Regards
    > Flex
    > (Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

What would be even better is if they fixed the feature so it didn't require the secret squirrel probably Cobal programming code to get it to work. I did hear back from them, they gave me suggestions, which didn't work, so they had me run the BEST tool to gather logs, and sent them somewhere.

This feature is broken and/or it is written in such a way, that the exception has to be exactly a certain way, or it doesn't work, which is a major hassle. Why can't I just put in the websites URL, and a wild card on the end?