What's this nonsense?

TSQL
TSQL
edited January 2022 in General Topics
I was attempting to add a post elsewhere on the board
And I get this rather daft error
Any ideas?

Comments

• Aha, this post must have looked pretty odd.
    I thought I had attached a jpg of the error message but it is not here.
    Can attachments be added to posts?
  • Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Yep, that's worked Mike. Your attachments worked. I'll dig out that screenshot of the error later and repost it
  • This was the error. I wasnt posting a link:
  • Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• > @Mike_BD said:
    > I can't see it tho..

I posted it - it appeared as a linked image file at the bottom of the post box. Dunno what happened.
  • I'll try again. Note I am dragging the file into the post window. I cant see any other way to attach it and it appears as an attached file:
    OK, just to confirm, pic dragged to post window and little box below states image etc .png Inserted
  • And, its still not there :(
  • Have you tried the "attach" photo or file? Odd if it doesn't work. I'll flag it to our team.

cheers,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• I'll try again. Note I am dragging the file into the post window. I cant see any other way to attach it and it appears as an attached file:
    OK, just to confirm, pic dragged to
  • Hi Mike, I have no option to attach a file as such. It seems the only way is to drag it to the post window. It then appears to be attached.
    In THIS post, I now attempt to attach that error image the same way.
    Note it is a PNG - the board doesnt reject png images does it?
  • Here is a JPG, just for the hell of it. Below me after dragging it to post window i have little box with file name saying its size and "inserted"
  • I've flagged it already, in the meantime - can you tell me is you see these in the "LEAVE YOUR COMMENT" box?

Also - what OS are you using?

cheers,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Post is there but cannot see image file.
    Its not an anti-linux feature is it lol ? Am on Debian at this time, but will try WIN 10 machine on weekend to see if anything changes. Unless Mike has any other thoughts / suggestions?
  • @Mike_BD said:
    > I've flagged it already, in the meantime - can you tell me is you see these in the "LEAVE YOUR COMMENT" box?
    > Also - what OS are you using?
    > cheers,
    > Mike

Thanks Mike - nope, they are not visible
  • Browser was FF, btw - only add on was UB Origin which was turned off.
    Am on Chromium now - same thing.
    Like I said will try WIN10 machine on weekend - see if anything changes.
    (Any other forum users here apart from me experiencing this?)
  • I have now learned that you have to be here a little longer to attach files to posts. As soon as I reach this level (or the rules are adjusted) I will post the error message.
  • Just to confirm - no ability to add file whilst on WIN 10 machine ;)
  • > @tom3532 said:
    > I encountered similar issue today. 🙄

Hello Tom, hopefully this issue will be resolved after a period of time has passed - see my post a few above :)