Device not appearing in devices list

I am running Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac on two machines. The app seems to scan my files and provide protection. However, only one of the two machines appears in the list of devices. How do I get the other device to show up?

Comments

• Hello @dellisny ,

Just make sure you logged in to the Bitdefender application on two devices using the same email id. If its same then both devices should be listed in Bitdefender central - My devices.

If you find the response helpful, please mark it as accepted/ agree

• Thanks for the response. The machine I am on right now is logged in to my Bitdefender central account using my email address. But, when I go to the online site, where I am also logged in, the machine does not appear. Strange.

1. visit and login to central.bitdefender.com
    2. click on my devices
    3. isnt device listed here?

if not which application have you installed on your computer? Which OS do you have? Are you 100% sure you using same email id and password to login to application and bitdefender central?

@dellisny

• That is where I have been checking. My computer is not listed there, my laptop is and my two ios devices are. It's funny because the way I get to the site is by clicking the "Go to Bitdefender Central" link from "My Account" in the Bitdefender Antivirus app on the mac that doesn't then show up.

And, yes, I'm sure I'm using the same account.

• I'm having the same issue. I am using Bitdefender for a business and attempting to protect my computer and my business partners. Every time one of us installs it, it replaces the others computer and only says that we have one device protected. I am sending her the link to install it on her computer by clicking to add a device for someone else. We have both uninstalled and reinstalled the program twice now and it continues to say we only have one device. We both have macbook pro's.

• I'm having the exact same issue..

Several people in my company are using macbook pro's, and have successfully installed the Bitdefender software using the "Install this on another device" process. However not all the devices are listed in Bitdefender Central "My Devices". I believe some they have been replace when subsequent people installed the software.

It looks like a bug to me!

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited June 2020

Hi @bhart ,@MichelleIdvm ,@dellisny

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. First of all go to bitdefender central and remove all your devices (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2795/)

Next, uninstall the bitdefender product from all of your system.

After uninstalling, download the bitdefender setup file directly from the bitdefender website, instead of bitdefender central (http://download.bitdefender.com/mac/av/en/bitdefender_antivirus_for_mac.dmg)

Now, install bitdefender and after a successfull installation, a central window will get open where you will have to enter your registered email address linked to your bitdefender central account. When done and successfully login, kindly go to bitdefender central website (https://central.bitdefender.com/) & check if your device is listed there.

If you still face an issue, kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com .Response may be delayed due to less staff and covid19. Rest be assured, they will reply back asap.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hi all,

I am facing the same issue, and I guess a lot of people do. Has anyone tried Flex's proposal?

Thanks!

• Same here since years - BD support tells that they are working on it and haven‘t a solution yet...

• HI,

I have 11 devices showing on my "my devices" screen.

3 other staff members have received the link to download and on their end, it is showing as connected - but not on my Bitdefender Central.

I have sent these links to their personal email address.

Are they meant to receive the link and then log in under MY address & password that is for my account?

• Same here, I removed a device from Central before my subscription renewal. The same device is now active without showing on Central after my renewal. And on top of that Bitdefender app says "You can protect 7 more devices with your subscription" while it is active on 9 devices. And if you add the one that it not showing then the total is 10 devices. ( my subscription is for 15 devices, 10+7 >15).

• Same issue for me and the proposed fix from BitDefender did not work. I have a device that has BitDefender installed and logged in to correctly into my account but it does NOT appear in the BitDefender list of devices. Its bug

• Same issue for me. Working on Macs. And uninstalling all products and reinstalling as @Flexx suggested is not a practicable solution for me.

• I have a similar issue but it looks like whenever I install it on another Mac it overwrites the one listed in My Devices ? How can I get both to show ?

• I've had this problem for years (and I had a support call open for at least a year or two for it). Right now I have it installed on seven devices but it only shows six. If I reinstall on any device that device starts appearing in the Central console - but one other device drops off the list. The issue has gone on FAR FAR too long - and if I really thought the solution was to uninstall on all machines and reinstall again I'd do it, but I've been down that road before (and my time is not worthless). I will NOT be renewing with Bitdefender when this subscription term expires. Sorry guys, but YEARS to fix this kind of issue is just not good enough.

• Luckily I found this support thread, which saves me hours of time in digging out this issue.

Last night I was wondering why my two macbooks always shown as one in the Bitdefender Central portal. I wasted almost 2 hours of installing and uninstalling. I also found on the internet Bitdefender support that they said MAC address is causing this issue; but I suppose those MAC address issues only happen to VMware and should not be happening to two separate Macbook hardware. Then I start to wonder if I am using a Netgear router to do network masquerading through my broadband network. Then I even use an iPhone hotspot to make sure that my two Macbook are connecting via different IP addresses and MAC addresses. Finally I give up since re-installing for more than 3 times is just pointless. Anyway, Bitdefender is still working good on the hardware, just that the web management portal would mix up the hardware and confusing reports.

To the Bitdefender support, I think you should not be instructing the customers to do senseless actions, e.g. changing MAC addresses, uninstalling or re-installing, or something similar, which can cause hours of time of the users. NiB was right: our time is not worthless. We all have critical works to do. We need to sleep. Please do not use our time to help you debug your web admin portal.

Other than this duplicated device issue on the web admin portal, which have been bugging everyone for years, I think Bitdefender is working smoothly on my MacOS systems. Thank you for a software, but please also spend some time and cost on resolving those web admin issues. Meanwhile, you can cut some budget from the marketing, since those pointless and complicated and volatile "discount" marketing and pricing strategies are just making your image worse.

• Luckily I found this support thread, which saves me hours of time in digging out this issue.

Last night I was wondering why my two macbooks always shown as one in the Bitdefender Central portal. I wasted almost 2 hours of installing and uninstalling. I also found on the internet Bitdefender support that they said MAC address is causing this issue; but I suppose those MAC address issues only happen to VMware and should not be happening to two separate Macbook hardware. Then I start to wonder if I am using a Netgear router to do network masquerading through my broadband network. Then I even use an iPhone hotspot to make sure that my two Macbook are connecting via different IP addresses and MAC addresses. Finally I give up since re-installing for more than 3 times is just pointless. Anyway, Bitdefender is still working good on the hardware, just that the web management portal would mix up the hardware and confusing reports.

To the Bitdefender support, I think you should not be instructing the customers to do senseless actions, e.g. changing MAC addresses, uninstalling or re-installing, or something similar, which can cause hours of time of the users. NiB was right: our time is not worthless. We all have critical works to do. We need to sleep. Please do not use our time to help you debug your web admin portal.

Other than this duplicated device issue on the web admin portal, which have been bugging everyone for years, I think Bitdefender is working smoothly on my MacOS systems. Thank you for a software, but please also spend some time and cost on resolving those web admin issues. Meanwhile, you can cut some budget from the marketing, since those pointless and complicated and volatile "discount" marketing and pricing strategies are just making your image worse.