No information provided on Wi-Fi Router "Vulnerability"

I have Bitdefender Total Security running on my Windows 10 system laptop. The vulnerability scan shows there is one vulnerability issue in the category Wi-fi networks and routers. However, no additional information is provided as to what that vulnerability is or how to remedy the problem. I have a secured router and an exceptionally strong password and cannot imagine what else the vulnerability might consist of. How can I obtain more information about the "vulnerability" Bitdefender says is has detected? Thank you.

Answers

• I just this morning encountered this same issue on the exact same parameters as you, Windows 10 and BD Total Security.
  • Same issue regarding vulnerabilities (2). Explanation/resolution unknown for BD Total Security.

• Having the same issue. Contacted tech support July 8. Got a response back from Eduard D who did not have a clue as to what I was talking about and needed further explaining. I replied back to him in more detail. Then I got a response back but this time from Georgian C:

Thank you for your patience throughout the entire process and please accept my apologies for the frustration that we might have caused.

I have looked into the case and it seems that the situation is caused by an issue that has already been acknowledged by our development team. We are currently working on a fix that will be done by means of an automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end.

I will get back to you with an update regarding the fix as soon as we have one.

I don't know if this response was honest, or if I was being blown off with a canned response. Interestingly, when I log into my account on Bitdefender Central and run the scan from there - no vulnerabilities are reported. I'm hoping for an update soon, but as far as Georgian C informing me: "I will get back to you" - I'm not holding my breath.

• Thanks JimD118. I also have the same problem and was about to send an email to customer support but will now wait for the promised update.

• Same issue on two laptops: one with Windows 10 Pro, and the other with Windows 7.

I first thought it could have been a recent Windows 10 update, but checked my Windows 7 laptop and same issue
  • Hi,

Any update about this vulnerability? is it Risky if it still shows after every scanning

• Hi,

Any update about this vulnerability? is it Risky if it still shows after every scan "wi-fi network and routers"

• Moldoveanu Marius
    Moldoveanu Marius Senior QA Engineer ✭✭✭

Hello,

a product update is being pushed to fix this issue (25.0.26.89). Thank you for your patience.

• Thank you, Moldoveanu, do you know when the update will be available? I just checked for new updates on 07/30/2021, 1:20 PM Pacific Time, and it is still not available.
  • Update is still not available as of 03 August... Why?

• I have this problem as well, 2 Wi-Fi Ruter vulnerabilities reported, but a blank details pane. When is this fix coming? Right now I am unsure whether I have 2 Wi-Fi and Router vulnerabilities or whether it's a glitch. Come on BitDefender, using your product should be informing us about our security situation not getting us worried about something but not telling us what that something is! It's hardly reassuring is it?

• Still waiting for the update. This has now been going on for a month. My last email to bitdefender did not even get a reply. Very disappointing.

• Can Bitdefender please update us on this? The vulnerability risks keep being flagged by the antivirus, but no further information is provided.

Please help.

• Can Bitdefender please update us on this? The vulnerability risks keep being flagged by the antivirus, but no further information is provided.

Please help.