Trojan Horse

So I reinstalled my OS wiping out my data and reinstalling WIN 10. After all said and done setting up everything, and ran full scan with BIT Defender AV Plus. The AV found a PDF at AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\S0\4\Attachments\Statement[946].pdf that had Trojan.GenericKD.34805331. It took me a while why I should have this. I get phishing/scam emails and I forward them to the appropriate company the creeps are pretending to be. Example: phishing@chase.com. One of them must had an attachment. Because I forwarded it, the PDF is saved in my case at this location of outgoing mail folder of attachments. So I wish to warn that if anyone forwards suspicious emails with attachments to delete the email from the sent mail box and then deleted section.

It would be nice to have Bit Defender contact Microsoft to see if there is a way of deciphering which email the attachment belongs to notify the user so that your program can then delete the whole email upon users AV settings/request. May also want to ask them why their company mail server does not catch this attachment still:-)

0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

You can always share your feedback with development team by dropping an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com and they will further share the feedback with development team. They will reply back asap.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)