Web Attack Prevention is disabled

I tried to restore Windows 7 to an earlier time but could not, & a message said an antivirus program maybe stopping it.

I looked for a master switch to turn off Bitdefender but could not find such a thing so I started turning off various settings.

Now I want to turn on Bitdefender & it opens up stating Your Device At Risk, and Web Attack Prevention is disabled & I should enable it. I click on the big blue box that says “Activate Protection” but nothing happens. And I didn’t see any other settings to activate this.

I looked for a reset button to restore Bitdefender to its default settings but could not find anything like that.

How do I “Activate Protection” and/or reset everything to their default settings?

Thanks

Comments

• Thanks for the reply -

Previously I used Norton for real time protection & Malwarebytes Free for periodic scanning. Never had a problem because MB Free did not do real time scanning.

I installed Bitdefender & it made me remove MB. Maybe it thought MB did real time scanning, I don’t know. But I uninstalled MB.

After installing Bitdefender I re-installed MB but they automatically give you a 14 day trial of their Premium version, which I didn’t want because it has real time protection. But I turned off the automatic settings, therefore there should not be any real time protection.

Since the PC locked up yesterday I’ve done several reboots but nothing changed. I looked in Task Manager, services, etc & Googled because Bitdefender indicated web protection had to be activated & there also was high CPU usage.

Today, several minutes after the last reboot an “Action Center” message popped up stating BD was On and MB was Off. And BD now says I’m protected. I have no idea what changed unless something was running in the background. Maybe Bitdefender was doing a very slow update.

Everything seems OK, but how do I know which BD settings should be turned on by default?

Since I had turned off some settings I would like to make sure at least those are turned back on for a solid starting point.

Thanks again

• Alex_A
    Alex_A ✭✭✭

which Bitdefender product is installed on your computer?

• Bitdefender Internet Security 2021.

The pdf manual says how to restore the defaults for the antivirus function but not the other sections. Sometimes a manual will indicate what are the default settings or show a picture, however Bitdefender does not.

• Alex_A
    Alex_A ✭✭✭

Other antivirus settings are purely individual and can be configured at your own discretion. For example, someone simply does not need reminders about vulnerabilities (Disabled completely or some of its components). Or the protection of audio and video will also allow or not to access the webcam and microphone. In such parameters, there is no reset to the default settings.

• In the wake of introducing Bitdefender I re-introduced MB however they naturally give you a multi day preliminary of their Premium adaptation, which I didn't need since it has constant assurance. However, I killed the programmed settings, consequently there ought not be any ongoing insurance.

GarageBand For Android

• > @Mike99 said:
    > I tried to restore Windows 7 to an earlier time but could not, & a message said an antivirus program maybe stopping it.
    > I looked for a master switch to turn off Bitdefender but could not find such a thing so I started turning off various settings.
    > Now I want to turn on Bitdefender & it opens up stating Your Device At Risk, and Web Attack Prevention is disabled & I should enable it. I click on the big blue box that says “Activate Protection” but nothing happens. And I didn’t see any other settings to activate this.
    > I looked for a reset button to restore Bitdefender to its default settings but could not find anything like that.
    > How do I “Activate Protection” and/or reset everything to their default settings?
    > Thanks

Especially: [" I looked for a master switch to turn off Bitdefender but could not find such a thing so I started turning off various settings.
    > Now I want to turn on Bitdefender & it opens up stating Your Device At Risk, and Web Attack Prevention is disabled & I should enable it. I click on the big blue box that says “Activate Protection” but nothing happens. And I didn’t see any other settings to activate this.
    > I looked for a reset button to restore Bitdefender to its default settings but could not find anything like that."

On the same computer Windows 10, Bitdefender Total Security (via Netgear Armor) I am presented the warning "Web Attack Prevention is disabled" in bold red letters. I click on the blue Enable button but nothing happens. I click on Protection=>Online Threat Prevention-Settings, re-enable Web attack prevention (it was on before). Closed Bitdefender and reopened it. Still shows the same warning"Web Attack Prevention is disabled."