Oppening A Port

I have RDP port changed(443) from default (3389) and need to allow connections from any ip to local 443 port thru firewall, I have tried to add rule for "C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe" with incoming port 443 but rule is not adding to the list and not working, what solution can you offer?

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello and welcome to the Bitdefender forum.

Bitdefender products for home users do not allow opening ports.

The only workaround is available here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=184824

But the easiest way would be to restore the default RDP port and ensuring that the General Rule 'Allow Remote Desktop Connections' is set to 'Allow' under Protection -> Firewall -> Rules tab.

• Hello and welcome to the Bitdefender forum.

The only workaround is available here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=184824

But the easiest way would be to restore the default RDP port and ensuring that the General Rule 'Allow Remote Desktop Connections' is set to 'Allow' under Protection -> Firewall -> Rules tab.

Thank you for advice, and could you please tell me why I cant create rule for svchost.exe?

• Quick one here. What happens if you add svchost to exclusions? Do you get an error message here? 1.gif

Oh no. The workaround you linking to does not work (for me at least). I do need port 6252 to be opend to a specific program (or to all programs).

If BitDefender Internet Security does not allow to open ports, which BitDefender product should I then get? Right now I'm on a very chea.p 6 month licence (BitDefender Total Security), but if this "port-problem" can't be solved, then I mus head on to another Security package maker. :wacko:

Wow! Nice suggestion. So, you are saying that if you have a head ache, the easiest thing to do would be to just cut the head off, rather than going to a doctor and treating the illness. Excellent.

I just wish I knew this issue before I bought BitDefender total security two days ago. If I had known, I absolutely would not have bought the product. Just like the original poster of this thread, I also use RDP with specific port. I have three machines connected to my router and I need to connect remotely to any one of my machines. I don't have the luxury of buying separate public IP for each of my machines. So, I configured each machine to listen on different ports for incoming RDP connections. I also have configured my router to forward these ports to respective machines. But now I installed BitDefender Total Security, I am totally screwed. The workaround you suggest is amazingly ridiculous.

A lot of other antivirus and firewall software products currently in the market allow opening specific ports so that we can use them!! After all, we have 65535 ports given to us by Windows. I followed quite a lot of forum threads as well as other sites where users are complaining about BitDefender's inability to open ports. Your cockamamie excuse "that would be a security violation" to open a port, is laughable. If the user wants to open the port, then he/she is responsible for preventing any malicious traffic via that port. What is your problem?

Finally, I have one more question. How can I get a refund on my purchase. I only bought it two day ago.

Babu.

• I ran into this limitation today (2021.10.11). Bitdefender doesn't think we need port access, and has learned nothing over the last six years.